Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, May 14, 2008 4:48 AM

AndersonSkiTeam

Set up of 2006 Connelly F1 w/Drafts

I am brand new to the board but have been reading on the forum for awhile now.  Hope to keep on learning from all of you.  Maybe someday I will know enough to give advice or at least pretend I know what I am doing.  Don't be fooled by my username.  My Ski Team currently consists of myself, wife as cheerleader, boat driver, and occassional skier, 8 year old son, 5 year old daughter, and 3 year old son. 

I ski in Alberta Canada and have a pretty short ski year.  I am going down to Texas to visit my brother and want to try out the double drafts on my Connelly F1 67''.  I picked the drafts up late last summer and only had one set on them before it snowed and I called it a year.  I liked the control of them but things didn't seem quite right.  Hard to tell as it was 45 degrees with whitecaps and I lost all feeling by the time I got out of the water.  I put the new drafts fairly close to where I had my Visions but I just rode my ski how it was set up from the factory.  Did I mention I have very little theoretical knowledge of skiing.

I see there is a guide on this website for my ski and was wondering if that is still the same for the drafts. 

Secondly, is that 29.125 distance for the front boot measuring from the back of the ski to the back of the binding or back of the plate.

Thirdly, do I measure the back binding as well or put it a certain distance from the front binding.  Once again is the measure from the binding or the plate.

I notice for sages giving advice it appears to be important to know my basic skiing ability.  I ski 22 off at 34-36mph and hoping to make the jump to 28 off at 34 mph this summer.

Thanks for the input.

Ski Naked...No Falls, No Balls

#2 Wed, May 14, 2008 12:08 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Set up of 2006 Connelly F1 w/Drafts

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum!

Your ski team sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe not the same kind of fun as say a college drinking, I mean, Skiing team... but fun nonetheless.

That distance that you saw in our chart is measuring to the back of your front boot. Not to the plate. With the drafts, I would recommend starting at either center hole or maybe one-hole back. As you get more comfortable on the ski you might want to move them all the way back if you can.

Any ski set up question is simply a matter of balance. 45 degree water and white caps... doesn't sound very balanced! Sounds like you need ear muffs!

Back binding placement is more based of your foot spacing... generally speaking the smaller your person the closer together the feet. All of the measurements on our chart are to the back of the actual boot part of the boot, not to the plate or anything else.

Hope this helps!

#3 Tue, May 20, 2008 4:56 AM

AndersonSkiTeam

Re: Set up of 2006 Connelly F1 w/Drafts

Thanks for the input.  I was in Texas over the weekend and had a great time skiing with my brother.  I think my body will stop aching in a day or two.  Set the drafts up according to your specs and on the third day they started to feel really good.  Hopefully I can get out within the next two weeks up here in Canada.

Ski Naked...No Falls, No Balls

Board footer