Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 15, 2008 6:38 PM

brianmanko

Rear Boot ?

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question from a definite beginner.  I've always slalomed recreationally, never on a course.  I've outgrown the connelly big daddy and am looking at the connelly concept, or something else in that league.

Here's the question.  Can you run the buoys without a rear boot? 

a) I'm terrible at deep water starts so I like to start on 2 then drop one.  If I've got a hot ski with a rear boot, I better learn deep starts fast.   
b) The second reason I'd like to avoid a rear boot for now is for my guests....not everyone can do a deep water start and 2 boots would exclude a lot of my waterski pals.

I'd like to have a pro ski without a rear boot but I need to know if that defeats the purpose, and if a toe plate makes it difficult/impossible to run a course.

Thanks!

#2 Thu, May 15, 2008 11:03 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Rear Boot ?

Andy Mapple has run 41 a lot with a rear toe plate. That will work just fine.

The rear boot is nice for the added control / support, but if you ski with a toe plate and like it, that's just fine. Plenty of pros use that set up too.

#3 Fri, May 16, 2008 10:42 PM

crdickey

Brian,

When you start chasing buoys you will love it. Just make sure you get your foot well jammed into the toe slip so you avoid having it pop out when you start skiing more aggressively. Have fun!

#4 Tue, May 20, 2008 1:59 PM

brianmanko

Thanks very much for your input!  Based on that I bought the Connelly F1X with a rear toe plate.  Looking forward to the fastback front binding, and carving it up!

Board footer