Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, May 6, 2008 8:20 PM

PSM

RS-1 Binding Pivot

Thanks for the info on the Superfeet, Chris.  You've posted this info in the past for your old boots, but what are you doing with the RS-1's in regards to rotation? 

Are you pivoting in either direction with both boots, and if so, are you locking down the center of the sole so the rotation is "heel & toe symetrical"?  Thanks in advance -- you always seem to have this type of techie info dialed.

#2 Wed, May 7, 2008 1:33 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: RS-1 Binding Pivot

Front open slightly, rear open slightly more.  Both center screws are in.  Stance should be determined by the individual so that you feel balanced on both side pre turns.

Chris

#3 Wed, May 7, 2008 5:25 AM

fletchski123

I just got the RS-1's and broke the plastic lace deals first set.  They are also a pain in the a$$ to get to loosen after a set becasue of the small flat bump you are supposed to pull on to loosen.  Does anyone have any ideas of other fastener?

#4 Sun, May 11, 2008 12:29 PM

ChrisRossi

Sounds like to me that you are cranking the laces way too hard.  Just my opinion.

Chris

#5 Fri, May 16, 2008 10:53 PM

crdickey

Love these boots and system, I've had them for only four sets and think they are absolutely great! I am skiing much better on them than I do on my Powershell's. Have no real idea how or why but I am.  Just matched the heel positions and rotation and Wow!

I have to agree about the plastic clamps.  I broke mine the first day, not from pulling too tight either. The hole is molded off center, which makes the plastic way to thin on one side. I had some old clamps off a set of HO boots laces and they work much better.  I also tied a small knot just below the clamp. When you are fussing with them to adjust them in the water with your ski gloves on, you tend to put a finger through the loop and pull on the clamp which can break or just pull off.

If you have the chance, you owe it to yourself to try these boots!

Last edited by crdickey (Fri, May 16, 2008 10:58 PM)

#6 Fri, May 16, 2008 11:52 PM

MDI

fletchski123,
         I expierenced the same problem on my third set with the bindings.  I had enough lace to tie a not, but it still is a little tight to get into.  You said "They are also a pain in the a$$ to get to loosen after a set becasue of the small flat bump you are supposed to pull on to loosen."  I agree, i actually put a pen cap in the pocket of my boardshorts and pull it out after every set to get some leverage on the bump to loosen them.  Ive seen people replace the laces with ones on other bindings, (HO approaches, thats what i might have to do if worse comes to worse).  When i was at Bennetts Ski School i saw Ian Trapp and he had replaced his with some sort of nylon string, or something like that. 

MDI

#7 Wed, May 28, 2008 1:08 PM

LHSkier

Chris,
       The arrows on the front boot are not in the center WRT the center line on the plate.  I have the centering screw in the front boot as well as the back boot.  Do you take out the centering screw on the front boot to allow the boot to be centered?  If you can't it open 1/8 you'd have to remove the screw to be able to cant it 1/8 in the toe and -1/8 in the heel.  Or to you just rely on the centering screw. 

If you still use the centering screw and the arrows are off, which arrow do you use (toe or heel)?

Thanks,
Adam

#8 Wed, May 28, 2008 3:12 PM

ChrisRossi

Adam,
     I run with the front toe on the center line with the center screw in.  This makes it look like its slightly "open" in stance.  I use the rear heal in the back and that ends up being just over 1/4" open.  Stance is personal, so only use my recommendations as a starting point.  I have seen skiers who are running the front boot slightly closed and skiing well.  I guess the point is that you need to find what works for you.  Don't put yourself in any box as far as stance goes.

Chris

#9 Wed, May 28, 2008 3:50 PM

LHSkier

Thanks Chris.  I'll use the toe mark on the front and the heel mark on the rear, both with the center screw in.  I may have to try a larger rear boot since my rear foot is permanently larger/swollen due to surgery and hardware.  I don't think it will release as it is.

Thanks,
Adam

Board footer