Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, May 24, 2008 11:20 PM

crdickey

Radar RS-1

Hi Chris,

My 67" is on the way, do you have any setting recommendations? 175# 55k 28off, RS-1 boots.

Thx.,  Chuck

#2 Sun, May 25, 2008 4:44 AM

crdickey

Re: Radar RS-1

This picture show two different graphic combination, which would you get? Are the different lengths different graphics?

http://ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/com … amp;page=1

#3 Sun, May 25, 2008 10:34 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Chuck,
     The all white picture is the top and the other is the bottom.  Same graphic for all size skis!

#4 Mon, May 26, 2008 3:23 AM

crdickey

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

Looking at the pictures of the "perfski" advertisement again. Along the bottom, horizontally, shows the top and bottom of the ski. The bottom graphic of the ski shows a white and black bottom and the Radar banner is gold.  The picture of the ski pictured vertically shows a gold and black bottom with the Radar banner in White. The white top of the vertical ski has an RS-1 logo near the strip.

I'll take either one, just curious about the difference. If I get a choice, I'll have the black and white bottom with Radar in gold. Can't wait to get it, should be here any day!

http://www.perfski.com/Waterskis/Radar-MPD-Slalom.html

Last edited by crdickey (Mon, May 26, 2008 7:23 AM)

#5 Mon, May 26, 2008 3:24 PM

ChrisRossi

The back/gold bottom with the white banner is the graphic.  The other was a first generation graphic that we decided against.

#6 Wed, Aug 27, 2008 12:38 AM

2gofaster

Eddie sent me a 68 RS1 today and it's got a different bottom than either of those. The Radar banner on the bottom of it is black with white script as opposed the the white banner with black script that my 67 has. Did they change them again?

One interesting change is the wing.  The new one is bent out of a piece of .060 stainless and has a much thinner profile. The previous wing had a flange that was .133 thick where it bolted to the fin.

Shane Hill

#7 Wed, Aug 27, 2008 9:04 PM

ChrisRossi

Shane,
  The graphic has changed slightly.  I like the black banner with the white Radar the best.  The new wing is just a natural progression to a more efficient wing with less drag.  The new fin is of a higher quality as well.  Just trying to provide the best products on the market.

#8 Wed, Aug 27, 2008 9:27 PM

2gofaster

I am all over the wing change, and glad to see you guys doing something like that. I've been running without one cause the ski feels more lively to me at 34mph. I've got a small schnitz wing and the new Radar wing to try in a week or two when I'm over my trap injury. Sticking these big wings (like the HO/Obrien/Goode) style on a ski makes it feel like it's dragging a cinder block to me. This fin looks to be identical to the one I had before.... silver CNC'd 5 hole.

I hate to say it, though.........I liked the shiny gold radar emblem that the 67 has on it's top in comparison to the thicker one that's on this.

Shane Hill

Board footer