Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, May 31, 2008 4:27 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Rossi - Injury

Chris,

Sorry to hear about the injury. Please tell us all what you injured and how you did it. Did you release from your RS-1 boots?

Get well soon!

Scot Chipman

#2 Sat, May 31, 2008 4:52 PM

ChrisRossi

Re: Rossi - Injury

Scott,
     I was training for the Masters in horrendous conditions (white-cap crosswind).  Conditions that most other skiers would not even attempt to ski in.  I was running 39's and enjoying ripping it in the given conditions.  I took a once in a lifetime fall heading into buoy 3, don't really remember what happened, tamahawked, released, and felt some pain near my ankle.  I self diagnosed it as a slight ankle tweak and iced and elevated it leading into the Masters.  I had the trainers onsite at the Masters tape me, but it just was too painful to perform up to par.  When I got back to Orlando, the doc informed me that i cracked the bone in my lower fibula.  This is not a major injury and I will be back skiing soon, may be as soon as the Michigan MasterCraft stop in 3 weeks.  I do not feel that equipment is at fault here.  The major issue was that I exposed myself to this injury just skiing in these conditions and will think twice next time.  I was skiing so well that I felt invincible and that just isn't reality.  Be smart, stay healthy, and live to ski another day.

Chris Rossi

#3 Sun, Jun 1, 2008 11:10 PM

GaryBerthelsen
Foot Forward: LFF

Well that sucks, sorry to hear about the injury.

#4 Fri, Jun 6, 2008 3:57 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Wish you the best on a fast-n-speedy recovery!!! Another great bennie for hard shells is that when you do have an injury, makes taped ankles easier to get in/out than those darn rubbers.

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#5 Sun, Jun 29, 2008 9:28 PM

ToddAalbu
Foot Forward: left

Chris, I recently heard of your Fibular fracture from Dave Wingerter, who I ski with occasionally up here in Washington State.  Sorry to hear about it, but glad to hear things are rehabing well.  I am a Physical Therapist up here and treat a lot of skiers too, so hope that your PT is going well!  (BTW, the MPD/RS-1 rocks!  It is the most confident I have ever felt on a ski in the course, I can push it, for me, and never have I felt it out of control or have I gone OTF on it.  Thanks for your hard work on this ski!)

Todd

#6 Mon, Jun 30, 2008 7:44 PM

ChrisRossi

Todd,
     Ya everything was going great up until last Friday where I got a shooting pain right on the break while skiing.  The pt wants me to stay off the water this week just to be on the cautious side.  This seemingly insignificant fracture is really trying my patience.  Every time I feel like I'm almost back....bam it kicks me in the balls.  I'm getting to be a pro at watching the webcast and yelling at all the guys who don't ski to my expectations though!!! Glad to hear the RS1 combo is working well for you.  We will keep pushing the envelope as long as you the public keep supporting our movement!

Chris

#7 Tue, Jul 1, 2008 2:52 AM

ToddAalbu
Foot Forward: left

That sucks Chris.  I know how setbacks feel, and I am sure it is killing you to sit on the sideline right now mid-comp season.  Out of curiosity, are you doing any plyometric training (light intensity as it may be) to get your fibula used to impact?  ie using a "shuttle trainer" or horizontal leg press with light weight doing some light "jumps" off the platform.  (oh, and I am glad I am not the only person to yell at a screen...I am sure that they do hear you, be sure of that!!)

Todd

#8 Tue, Jul 1, 2008 1:11 PM

ChrisRossi

Todd,
     I am doing all of the above mentioned training at therapy.  Just need to be patient and keep to the program!

#9 Fri, Jul 18, 2008 3:59 PM

ScotChipman

Are you skiing yet? I did not see you on the entry list for the Malibu Open.

Scot Chipman

#10 Sat, Jul 19, 2008 1:36 PM

ChrisRossi

Scott,
     I am not skiing yet.  Shooting for Nationals........

#11 Mon, Jul 21, 2008 12:32 AM

smoothasglass
Foot Forward: Rt

HI guys, new to the forum here, by way of Fifteen Off. This looks like the place to learn. Looking forward to archives. Can't imagine being a pro and being shorelined. I've only been out 3 days with an ankle and jonesin already, just when I was finally getting it. Tail blew out in chop while feeling invincible as well. Good luck with rehab Chris.!

Board footer