Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Jun 2, 2008 4:02 PM

johnstratton

Fin Settings

Hi Chris and Wade,

I think the website is a great tool - keep up the good work.  With reference to your article on fin settings, would I be correct in saying that Goode set the length of their fin using the shaft of the vernier as opposed to the tips?  Looking at their website it looks like they do.  I suspect Chris you'll know as you used to ski for Goode a few years back.

Wade - this question I think will be for you.  I know you ride the Connelly F1 but do you test out any of the other skis, ie the F1X and Concept?  Are both skis capable of one or two shortenings at 34mph?  If so what size would you recommend for male, 155lbs, 5'6" tall?

Once again, many thanks.

John

#2 Mon, Jun 2, 2008 6:58 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Fin Settings

John,
    You are correct in your statement that Goode recommends laying the caliper on the fin to get the measurement.  This technique works ok but it is not consistent caliper to caliper, so it should not be used to get factory numbers.  Using tips, I think Goods factory length is around 7.010"

#3 Fri, Jun 6, 2008 1:19 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Fin Settings

I haven't skied on the newest F1x, or the concept. The f1x is supposed to be good all the way to 36, so it should be able to handle 28/34, but I'm not sure why you'd go with it over the regular F1. It's basically a wider F1, so it will be a little slower edge-to-edge... If you're looking for a more stable ride, it could be the ticket. 65" for 5'6-155.

Board footer