Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, May 28, 2008 4:27 AM

skidream
Skis At: Madison, Still Farm
Foot Forward: Left

What Size Ski?

I am 6'4" 180 lbs. Making passes consistently at 28 off 36mph

Warming up!!!

Ski Hard or Go Home!!

#2 Wed, Jun 4, 2008 2:19 AM

brianmanko

Re: What Size Ski?

I see that nobody has replied to your question.

My answer?  Dunno, but there are sizing charts.  The older version of the Connelly web page had a chart.  I talked to their customer service dept recently and they emailed me one.  I think they'll be posting it again soon.  In my totally inexperienced opinion, you're in great shape...your height will make a 70 inch ski seem manageable.  It would seem really long to a guy who is 5ft5 and 180.  I'm 6ft and 220, they suggested a 69 inch F1x.  Bot it, hope I like it.

#3 Wed, Jun 4, 2008 2:57 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

67 or 68 depending on the ski.  If you were to go Radar, I would definitely recommend a 67 especially because you are skiing at 36mph.

Chris

#4 Wed, Jun 4, 2008 11:03 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

#5 Thu, Jun 5, 2008 9:07 PM

shepherd

What effect does a skier's height have on a ski that would drive ski length choice?  Center of gravity?  Seems like in the old days people only cared about the skier's weight.  Is this a new thing?

#6 Mon, Jun 23, 2008 10:10 AM

Andyb

I'm currently skiing at 36mph between 22off and 28off and sometimes 32off. I weigh approx 11.5stone which I think is around the 165 lb to 175lbs and 5'10" tall. Your chart says I should be on a 67" ski is this just for the radar range ? Or would you suggest that across the board. The Sixam SS I'm outside the range of there 67.5" and inside the 66". On the D3 site they suggest I should be on a 66" as well?
Just interested on your  thoughts ?

Andy

#7 Mon, Jun 23, 2008 11:33 AM

ChrisRossi

Andyb,
     You are right on the border of a 66 or 67.  I would suggest a 66.

Shep,
     I only take height into consideration if the skiers weight has them on the cusp between sizes.  Weight first, height second.  A guy thats 6'4" 175 lbs I would suggest a 67".  An the other hand, a guy thats 5'7" 175 lbs I would suggest a 66"

Chris

Board footer