Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jun 26, 2008 2:34 PM

2gofaster

I find that I want heel lift in my RS1's.......

For me to feel most natural, I think I need a 1/4" or so heel lift on my back foot.  Having a slightly lifted heel keeps me from locking out my knees. I have a tendancy to do that sometimes which ends up causing me a bit of pain in my back knee as I hit the first wake. With the RS1's what would be the best way to accomplish this? Thanks.

Shane Hill

#2 Fri, Jun 27, 2008 2:43 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: I find that I want heel lift in my RS1's.......

You would need to build a wedge that fits inside of the shell and below the liner.

#3 Fri, Jun 27, 2008 1:51 PM

2gofaster

Thanks, Chris. I found some foam heel wedges and tried two of them under the liner yesterday.  Gave a total of about 3/8 lift. That might have been too much. I was conscious of the fact that my heel was lifted. So tomorrow I'll try just one.  I may go back to two of them though, as it certainly seemed easier on my back knee that I injured at the gym and always seem to aggravate behind the boat.

Damnit, though......one of hte adjusters on my RS1s broke though!

Shane Hill

#4 Fri, Jun 27, 2008 5:40 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Shane,
     What broke?

#5 Fri, Jun 27, 2008 8:08 PM

2gofaster

one of the small lower cord locks. Not a big deal. I emailed Radar. Ryan said they had a new one that's stronger and he'd mail me a couple.

Shane Hill

Board footer