Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Jul 1, 2008 5:12 PM

JAS

Binding Position

Since skiing with you guys in May I have been able to move my bindings back almost 1/2". When I was loading early/back I needed forward position to prevent wake pop and to help with turn initiation. Minimizing line tension has allowed me to feel my ski. I found moving into the first wake  ski seemed too slow and wasn't keeping up, and I was getting pitched forward. New compensation was leaning back (just later in the turn). Moving bindings back initially eliminated this feeling but came back as I was able to get even lighter and later with load. Moved back again, etc,etc, and haven't touched stock fin settings!  With lighter line my edge change has moved progressively earlier and feeling more like the carve on snow. Now just trying to find the sweet "Line" to ski at 22/28/32.   Edge change for me still way less dynamic at the longer lengths and trying not to pull too long. I'm convinced that technique dictates settings.

Thanks for all your help, hope the healing is going well!
PS. nice skiing Wade!
Jay

Board footer