Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Jun 30, 2008 5:00 PM

SGY

RS-1 boots/Monza

I recently switched from using a front animal and RTP to the RS-1 boots.  I ski on a 69 Monza. Now that I'm used to using double boots (RTP user for years), I'm really struggling.  Prior to the switch I was finally getting into 22 off. Now I'm struggling to run my easy passes at 15 off. I read Chris' post regarding spacing of the rear boot from the rear of the ski--17 inches.  I'll try that. Any other tips?   (I'm using size 10 boots, 6 foot, 200lbs.) I'm not comfortable and others have confirmed that I don't look comfortable. I tried canting the rear boot but that made things worse. I'm LFF.

Thanks for the help.

#2 Mon, Jun 30, 2008 7:51 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: RS-1 boots/Monza

There is a huge difference when running a rear boot and a rear kicker.  Mainly that in the pre turn when running a rear boot, you have a lot of pull on the rear of the ski.  Binding position usually goes back when using a rear boot due to this pull.  Fin also usually gets a small tweak as well.

Chris

#3 Mon, Jun 30, 2008 8:50 PM

SGY

Thanks Chris. I'm moving my rear binding back. Should I move both boots back?  Also, you mentioned  a fin tweak.  I'm an idiot at these things, can you be more specific?

#4 Tue, Jul 1, 2008 12:51 AM

slalomdude

Chris,
Dont they say that many people tend to put too much weight on their back foot when using double boots. If this is correct maybe a slight technique adjustment is needed when moving from a RTP

#5 Tue, Jul 1, 2008 1:17 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

SGY,
     I would keep the spacing of your boots the same and move both back so the the back heel of the rear boot is around 17 1/8" from the tail.  I would not mess with the fin yet.  You will need to ski a few sets like this first before we try any other changes.

Slalomdude,
     For sure with the back foot now being prohibited from movement, a different technique will be necessary.  I'm hoping SGY will fall into that technique naturally.  We'll see.

#6 Tue, Jul 1, 2008 3:59 PM

SGY

Thanks a bunch Chris.  I'll do as you suggest and keep close tabs on what the ski is doing. 

Thanks again,

Steve

Board footer