Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jul 24, 2008 12:53 AM

lakerat_sr11

Rear Binding and Ankle Pain?

First off, I'll introduce myself, being my first post.  I am Nathan Yarbrough, a lifelong skier but less than 1 year of course experience.  I stumbled on this forum, and I see some names that give me confidence of people able to help me.

Here's my situation. I've been skiing with dual HO Animal Boots for all of this year. I have a pretty severe pain in my back (right) ankle after about my fourth pass. It's bad enough that I have a hard time focusing on skiing due to the pain. I have the bindings mounted in the center hole position with no pivot.

I would greatly appreciate some insight on what I might be able to change in order to fix this.

Thanks a bunch!

#2 Thu, Jul 24, 2008 2:34 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Rear Binding and Ankle Pain?

I would say that your ankle is telling you that your anatomical positioning is not correct.  I would start by opening up your rear foot.  That's pinky toe out, inside heel in.  I would also suggest stopping when you feel the pain as continued abuse will lead to injury.  If opening up the boot doesn't work, you could try a heel lift.  You could also try a different boot in the back as well.  Listen to your body and you'll stand a much better chance of staying healthy!

Board footer