Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Aug 5, 2008 5:55 AM

Tobias1

Wing Setup

This may sound like a newbie question, but I have recently seen quite a few skis that ship with the wing setup "upside" down, can anyone tell me why that is, does it make a difference in slowing the ski down?

#2 Tue, Aug 5, 2008 10:39 AM

skiall6

Re: Wing Setup

It is supposed to smooth out the ski and allow less chance for turbulance between the wing and bottom of the ski, by having it upside down, so I am told.  Not sure if it really matters.  I do think it makes the ski ride a little deeper when it is upside down.  Not sure if either is true though.

#3 Tue, Aug 5, 2008 11:31 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Wing Setup

Skiall6 hit the nail on the head.  By moving the wing to the upsidedown position, more water is allowed to flow between the bottom of the ski and the wing.  This reduction in turbulence is a reduction in tail lift.  Thus, you get the same 9 degrees of wing without so much tail lift.  I would say that 90% of all competition skiers these days are running the wing upsidedown.

Board footer