Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Jun 29, 2008 10:24 PM

JP

Danger! Malibu Transmission Recall Notice

I heard a rumor that malibu has issued a do not drive on all 2008 models due to the transmissions failing to disengage.
Is this true and does anyone have details on this?

#2 Sun, Jun 29, 2008 11:06 PM

2gofaster

Re: Danger! Malibu Transmission Recall Notice

Shane Hill

#3 Mon, Jun 30, 2008 7:46 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Tige rocks!

#4 Mon, Jun 30, 2008 7:50 PM

UWSkier

ChrisRossi wrote:

Tige rocks!

Those guys are still in business?  smile

#5 Mon, Jun 30, 2008 8:24 PM

2gofaster

ChrisRossi wrote:

Tige rocks!

Living in Texas, you would think we'd see more of the Tige's.  Not sure why we don't. What I always found interesting was that their plant is basically in the middle of the damn desert amid cactus and rattlesnakes, 200 miles from almost any water! lol Reminds me of the old Sam Kinison stand up..........."What's this? It's sand. What's it gonna be in 100 years? IT'S GONNA BE F'ing SAND!!!" lol

You obviously like them, Chris. In comparison to the big 3, what are the wakes like?  Hell, anything is better than the 07/08 Response mini-mountain wake(at least up to 32 off), so let's throw that one out. How does it compare to the SN 196 and MC197?

Shane Hill

#6 Tue, Jul 1, 2008 2:32 PM

GMC

2gofaster wrote:

Hell, anything is better than the 07/08 Response mini-mountain wake(at least up to 32 off), so let's throw that one out. How does it compare to the SN 196 and MC197?

First post.  I was just signing up to ask some RS1 questions but this is a favorite topic.  I have no experience with Tige so Chris and Wade can speak to that but our club boat is annually a Response LX.  What a turd.  "Mini-mountain wake" is right, coupled with the most unforgiving pull ever!  I ski my 05 196 occasionally and what a treat that is in comparison!

JB is the freakin MAN to run 41 behind that RLX last year in France.

Last edited by GMC (Tue, Jul 1, 2008 2:36 PM)

#7 Tue, Jul 1, 2008 2:49 PM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

HERE'S THE RECALL NOTICE

Bulletin ID: SB062608-9
Date: 6/26/2008
Bulletin No: 9
Affected Models: All 2008 Models Except Ride Series, Response and Response LX
Subject: ZF Ski Command potential loss of shifting capabilities

Condition:

ZF Marine has discovered the ZF throttle and shifter control has the potential to fail creating a loss of shifting capabilities in the forward or reverse direction in all 2008 model boats excluding the Ride series, Response and Response LX. 

Action Required:

While the failure rate has been determined to be less than 2 percent, Malibu Boats must insist that any boat using the 2008 shift by wire system should not be used until the unit has been repaired or replaced by a certified Malibu technician. ZF Marine and Malibu Boats will be utilizing their entire team of technicians for this component recall and we anticipate a resolution by 4th of July weekend.

Board footer