Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, May 20, 2008 6:40 PM

skidream
Skis At: Madison, Still Farm
Foot Forward: Left

Growing Pains!!!

Hello All,

My name is Jarrus and I am 24 years old living in Colorado and have been skiing for pretty much all my life.  Well maybe not that long but since about 4 years old or so.  I started skiing the course at about 10 years old. I skied a few tournaments in Colorado when I was younger but not a whole lot of them. 

I was at the Denver boat show last year and met Will Asher and it kinda put a spark under me to start getting more serious about the sport. I want to start skiing some tournaments in my area. 

I am currently skiing at 36 MPH and my best pass is 2 or 3 balls at 32 off.  I can ski 22 and 28 off very easily.  When I titled the heading as "growing pains" I mean that I need some help with skiing the short line.  I feel that I have the hardest time dealing with the slack in the rope and getting around the ball. I am looking for a few tips to start working on to help me get use to the shorter line.  Also maybe some practice tips.  Maybe a daily routine that the pros do to practice: sets, speed, rope lengths, etc.

I am also looking to upgrade my ski.  I am currently on a D3 67" and I am approx. 187 lbs., 6'3" tall.  I tried a DEMO H.O. Monza 70" last summer and I had a really hard time getting it to turn.  But other than that I liked it.

Sorry to be so long winded but I have a lot of questions. I am really excited that I found this forum. 

Thanks

Warming up!!!

Ski Hard or Go Home!!

#2 Tue, May 20, 2008 7:42 PM

skidream

Re: Growing Pains!!!

Sorry guys I read some of the older posts and got some good info.  Just some tips on practice and maybe some thoughts on skis would be fine.

Thanks

Warming up!!!

Ski Hard or Go Home!!

#3 Tue, May 20, 2008 11:37 PM

JP

Try out a MPD or an F1. I think either of those would be a great ski. For size i would try about a 68. maybe a 67.

ski hard!

#4 Wed, May 21, 2008 3:57 PM

skidream

Yeah I have a ski shop close by that sells the Radar MPD.  I will try it over the weekend.  Does it matter which fin I get? Also I ski with a open rear boot (loop).  If I try the MPD which boots should I try?

Warming up!!!

Ski Hard or Go Home!!

#5 Fri, May 23, 2008 9:12 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

If you can try out the Radar RS1 boots, definitely go for it.  I bought them this year and put them on my HO (System 8) and I haven't looked back.  Most comfortable boot I've ever worn.    They make a rear toe loop if that's the way you want to go.  If you can't demo them, just buy them.

Garn

#6 Wed, May 28, 2008 2:47 AM

skidream

I went to the pro shop today and they don't have the RS1 Boots in a 12 or 13 size.  My feet are big!!!

Warming up!!!

Ski Hard or Go Home!!

#7 Wed, May 28, 2008 12:03 PM

ChrisRossi

HO boots will mount to the Radar ski.  I would suggest trying both a 67 & 68.

#8 Wed, May 28, 2008 8:23 PM

skidream

Do you think a 69 is too big?

Warming up!!!

Ski Hard or Go Home!!

#9 Thu, May 29, 2008 12:45 AM

ChrisRossi

yes.  I am 6'2" and 175lbs and ski a 66.

Board footer