Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Nov 8, 2010 1:51 PM

Aqua71

Lace-up bindings?

Hi there! Great to post on this forum for the first time...
Here's some help I need: I want to move away from my Wileys, I broke my ankle with, and was thinking to go towards lace-up bindings as I like the idea of being able to adjust the release tension without needing to have to rely on mechanics (like Silveretta, springs...). Any suggestion for a slalom novice? I think solid hard shells like reflex, would also be to much of a difficult move for me at this point.

Thanks all!

#2 Mon, Nov 8, 2010 5:02 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Lace-up bindings?

On all your rubber options, the laces are more about ease of entry. You can leave the laces loose, but you'll loose a lot of lateral support.

You're right, as you run up the spectrum of stiffness, the skier needs to be more precise. This can make them too difficult for a less experienced skier that moves around on the ski.

I'd flip my suggestions from the "Saftest Bindings" thread. Take a look at any of the Radar boots. Then FM E-series. Then Obrien Prodigy. Then Obrien Elite. My thoughts are that rear-lace rubber boots will be too similar to your Wiley's to be worth considering. Front-lace rubber is not generally appropriate for a beginner.

Caveate emptor: There are just some crashes that the current slate of bindings cannot account for, and some that may never be accounted for.

Last edited by HO410 (Mon, Nov 8, 2010 5:08 PM)

#3 Tue, Nov 9, 2010 11:08 AM

Aqua71

Re: Lace-up bindings?

Thanks HO410

We hardly ever hear about the FMs Z-serie in this forum, is there anyone out there who uses these boots that wants to share his/her experience?

Board footer