Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Oct 25, 2010 11:46 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

The Slalom "Hall of Shame"

You know how we all  Love to ski like the Pro's and would always be able to post Great pic's of our "Perfect Form" and "Highly polished technique  "if"  only we had a decent camera man? But instead, we end up with a bunch of unuseable shots of some Moron we swear isn't us?!?!big_smile Now we've got a perfect place to hang all those unwanted & unclaimed shots!

Feel free to post your ugliest stuff right here in the Glorious Pro Ski Coach HALL OF SHAME! yikes

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/4584_crashl.jpg

This was after actually being early and wide into 1! Should have seen me (that Moron) about 2 seconds earlier, I was stylin'!!!
(note the ski tip pointing @ 1 o'clock!)

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Thu, Oct 28, 2010 12:06 AM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#2 Tue, Oct 26, 2010 12:24 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Re: The Slalom "Hall of Shame"

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/4584_uglyl.jpg
I Love my "Leveraged position," cough, cough! (Hips up, chest out and shoulders back) the nice Low Handle and the way my ski simply slices though the wakes effortlessly!cool Would you believe that is actually -28/34mph!?!? God, that's gorgeous!

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Tue, Oct 26, 2010 4:01 AM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#3 Tue, Oct 26, 2010 1:58 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/6184_photo.jpg

the good ole tilt head so its parallel and initiate water spin trick!

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#4 Tue, Oct 26, 2010 4:06 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Plotz, I Love it!

the funny thing is, in my 1st pic all you can see is my ski and my Lt. arm/hand and that's all I see in yours as well!

Where in the world did we get these Horrible camera men?

#5 Tue, Oct 26, 2010 1:01 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor

h20dawg79 wrote:

Plotz, I Love it!

the funny thing is, in my 1st pic all you can see is my ski and my Lt. arm/hand and that's all I see in yours as well!

Where in the world did we get these Horrible camera men?

haha lord knows!!! i get the feeling they wait for us to fall... to them its like NASCAR. how long will it take!?!?

#6 Wed, Oct 27, 2010 1:09 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Plotz,

There has been 194 views of this thread and so far your the only other skier with enuf character (and no shame!) to post a pic.!!!

So, I grant thee 1 more Karma point for bein' Real!hmm

Got any vid. clips? -that would be cool too!cool

Anyone just got some goofy form or embarrassing ski stuff? big_smile -it doesn't have to be all crash seens!

#7 Wed, Oct 27, 2010 4:23 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

Plotz,

Well done!

Snow

#8 Wed, Oct 27, 2010 4:48 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor

thanks! wish i didn't get that.. i mean.. come on people! We know we all have'em!! Post'em up! this thread has some MAJOR potenial! we can't let it die

snoww?? what about you??

h20dawg, i'm trying to collect some crash clips and throw them together in a vid it'll be good! if you have any video, or if ANYONE has any clips and wants to throw it in. email it to me ([email protected]) and we can make a PSC Hall of Shame Vid, I'm talking about the next youtube sensation! wink

Last edited by Pl0tz (Wed, Oct 27, 2010 5:03 PM)

#9 Wed, Oct 27, 2010 5:04 PM

Andrew1988
Skis At: Where ever I can

h20 wouldn't it be sweet if we could ride the entire course like a wheelie?!?

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a401/Ahop1188/IMG_5833.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a401/Ahop1188/IMG_0546.jpg

I sure make an attempt to do it!!! haha

Looking for places to ski in Metro Detroit!

#10 Wed, Oct 27, 2010 6:15 PM

snow1122

Shoot, I need to take some pics.........the worst part is when I'm skiing my husband is driving..........or vice versa............no one else in the boat with us:o(
wait..........maybe this weekend, our son is skiing with us..........I'll keep you posted......ha, ha.....ha......
good laughs are good for the soul.........
Love the wheelies too.......

Snow

#11 Wed, Oct 27, 2010 11:08 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor

snow1122 wrote:

ha, ha.....ha......
good laughs are good for the soul.........
Love the wheelies too.......

Snow

YES!! and hope y'all have a good weekend!

#12 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 12:02 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Andrew, your "In-Flight" pic. Looks so much like me, I had to look twice (and really look hard...) to make sure it wasn't me! Looking @ the face, My wife even thought it was me!!!neutral

Was there a Movie with your Flight?big_smile

Now there's already been 318 views of "how we Roll"!

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Thu, Oct 28, 2010 12:12 AM)

#13 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 2:59 AM

dski

So, for my first post on this forum, this is perfect! I have so much to contribute since I have a whole library of really bad photos. I am beginning to think that is what I must look like most of the time smile

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/7165_p1060360.jpg

#14 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 3:51 AM

Andrew1988

h20 no there is no video sorry haha. I think I will master going through the course on my tail before I do on my sweet spot of the ski though. Or at least there are some days where it sure feels like I will be doing that. Looking through my pictures there are actually not as many bad ones as I thought there were going to be.

#15 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 1:19 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Great job dski! "Well done, my Good and faithful skier!"... "Enter into thy Shamless little club thing"!big_smile
Where is that? kinda looks like Utah?

Hey Andrew, thankfully fun is still spelled FUN,  regardless of what part of the stick we actually ride! -just look at my pic's, looks like I'm sincerely trying to get my money's worth or something!?!? roll

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Thu, Oct 28, 2010 1:22 PM)

#16 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 2:36 PM

dski

Great guess! It was from Lake Powell two weeks ago. We took a portable course down and had a blast.

#17 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 3:21 PM

tzorn

Based on the title, I assumed this thread would be about stuff like that Doc who made his ski course get narrower when he skied in the Malibu open.  (i.e. real shame)  Those are some classic pics guys, and I should give my kids a camera to film me when I ski.  Imperfect ski form is one of my primary areas of expertise, and I could make significant contributions to this topic (but we put the boat away awhile ago in Michigan)!  Very funny guys, and I'm glad I took a look at this thread.

#18 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 4:13 PM

snow1122

Loved it!
Just got to work and I'm already having a great day looking at these pictures!

Thank you guys!

Snow

#19 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 5:13 PM

Andrew1988

tzorn wrote:

Based on the title, I assumed this thread would be about stuff like that Doc who made his ski course get narrower when he skied in the Malibu open.  (i.e. real shame)  Those are some classic pics guys, and I should give my kids a camera to film me when I ski.  Imperfect ski form is one of my primary areas of expertise, and I could make significant contributions to this topic (but we put the boat away awhile ago in Michigan)!  Very funny guys, and I'm glad I took a look at this thread.

There is still the polar bear ski at Skiers Pier December 4th to get some pictures at! smile

#20 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 5:16 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor

i'll be skiing all winter! lord knows i'm going to have some nasty shots. (pun is intended)

#21 Sat, Oct 30, 2010 4:17 PM

Zane

After taking a 6 year hyadis from skiing while I was in the military, this was my first what turned out to be a LAME attempt at skiing again. I ended up skiing for a total of maybe 5-6 minutes...and could NOT move the next day...yup like I said LAME attempt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/andi2284/July528.jpg

#22 Sat, Oct 30, 2010 5:13 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Zane, quite the master piece! Perfection! as I see no fault... -enter thy shameless one, for thee hath a Room in our Growing mansion!smile

#23 Mon, Nov 1, 2010 2:18 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake

DSki, where at Powell did you set up your portable course?

Garn

#24 Mon, Nov 1, 2010 3:20 PM

dski

Both times this year we set it up in Padre Bay in the last bay which is, I think, Kane wash. Good shorelines for roll off and we had great weather both times.  Now I just need to get better!

#25 Sun, Nov 14, 2010 2:58 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/6184_148773_462747353257_579128257_5416327_7922467_n.jpg

looks like i'm going down....

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/6184_150311_462747488257_579128257_5416337_1951876_n.jpg

turns out it was an awesome save... (didn't feel awesome.. but yea.. AMAZING photographer!!)

Board footer