Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Oct 5, 2010 5:42 PM

trickflipper

Wanting to learn flip

Hi guys
I am wanting to learn a backflip on the trick ski? What is the best way to do this? How do i flip etc?

#2 Wed, Oct 6, 2010 4:58 PM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Wanting to learn flip

I'm listening.

#3 Wed, Oct 6, 2010 9:28 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

dude, if i had a trick ski i'd be all over this.. do you guys/anyone kn if inverting on a trick ski is has kinda the same concept as inverting on a wakeboard.. or even knee board??

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#4 Thu, Oct 7, 2010 1:29 AM

BrianM
Skis At: the cottage

I've never tried it but here is what sounds like some good advice: http://www.ehow.com/video_4953650_advan … -back.html

#5 Thu, Oct 7, 2010 1:59 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor

BrianM wrote:

I've never tried it but here is what sounds like some good advice: http://www.ehow.com/video_4953650_advan … -back.html

"watch and see if any hot girls were looking!" hell yes!! haha

nice vid.. now i need a trick ski.. haha

#6 Thu, Oct 7, 2010 3:18 AM

BrianM
Skis At: the cottage

I think we should do a poll to see what's more attractive to females - Large slalom spray or a flip on a trick?  tongue

#7 Thu, Oct 7, 2010 3:27 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor

BrianM wrote:

I think we should do a poll to see what's more attractive to females - Large slalom spray or a flip on a trick?  tongue

YES

This'd b perfect for my ap stats class!!

Last edited by Pl0tz (Thu, Oct 7, 2010 3:28 AM)

#8 Tue, Oct 12, 2010 2:06 PM

JP

Of course you need a large female audience.

The key is to thing about is to throw the ski up and behind you off the wake. Takes alot of tries but ill warn you that when you start feeling like you are slapping your b***s on the water that you are getting close. A vest is usually nice to take some of the  hit onto the water. Im not nearly as good at teaching this as i am at just taking a stab at it. If you go on ski fly there are alot of people who can tell you more. Just give it a try and see where you are at

#9 Tue, Oct 12, 2010 9:01 PM

Jhughes

Is this one of these things where you can just start trying it or do you have to master 500 surface turns to "graduate" to a flip? I can do a handful of surface tricks, but I can't clear both wakes with a 14M line at 18mph. Can't get that "pop".

#10 Tue, Oct 12, 2010 9:23 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

(I think we should do a poll to see what's more attractive to females - Large slalom spray or a flip on a trick? )

Going down the lake footing at 46mph:o))) or stepping off the boat and footing, then stepping back into the boat, give a kiss to the driver (me) as I drive down the lake.......

Snow

#11 Wed, Oct 13, 2010 12:33 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

snow1122 wrote:

(I think we should do a poll to see what's more attractive to females - Large slalom spray or a flip on a trick? )

Going down the lake footing at 46mph:o))) or stepping off the boat and footing, then stepping back into the boat, give a kiss to the driver (me) as I drive down the lake.......

Snow

That definitely sounds better to me!big_smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#12 Wed, Oct 13, 2010 4:47 PM

snow1122

h20dawg79

My husband did that when we just started to date.....
Then, he flipped again and again on his wakeboard. Oh boy was I impressed?? Yeah!
Still to this day brings a smile to my face every time he does it:o))

Snow

#13 Wed, Oct 13, 2010 8:02 PM

2gofaster

Jhughes wrote:

Is this one of these things where you can just start trying it or do you have to master 500 surface turns to "graduate" to a flip? I can do a handful of surface tricks, but I can't clear both wakes with a 14M line at 18mph. Can't get that "pop".

If you can't clear both wakes yet, you're not ready for an aerial trick, IMO. Line load is very important and if you're not clearing the backside crest, then you're not loading into the frontside crest.

Shane Hill

#14 Wed, Oct 13, 2010 8:37 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

snow1122 wrote:

h20dawg79

My husband did that when we just started to date.....
Then, he flipped again and again on his wakeboard. Oh boy was I impressed?? Yeah!
Still to this day brings a smile to my face every time he does it:o))

Snow

Very impressive Fo Sho! :cool:After them moves, you had No chance. -he had you Hook Line and Sinker!!!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#15 Thu, Oct 14, 2010 4:47 PM

snow1122

Very impressive Fo Sho! :cool:After them moves, you had No chance. -he had you Hook Line and Sinker!!!

Ha, Ha, Ha........You got it!!.........then I had to impress him and learn how to foot, trick, slalom, wakeboard, snow ski and snowmobile! oh boy the list is looong.........lol, but for sure it has changed my life:o)

Have a great day!

Snow

#16 Thu, Oct 14, 2010 7:29 PM

Jhughes

2gofaster wrote:

Jhughes wrote:

If you can't clear both wakes yet, you're not ready for an aerial trick, IMO. Line load is very important and if you're not clearing the backside crest, then you're not loading into the frontside crest.

OK, well I'd like to flip at some point so how do I load correctly?

#17 Thu, Oct 21, 2010 9:12 PM

skispray

There are a few keys to getting proper load:

First, you want to have your arms out straight; Don't pull on them as you come into the wake.  When you cut into the wakes, the handle should be about midway between your shoulders and your hips in the verticle plane, and it should stay there until you land.  Second, keep your upper body upright - you don't want to lean with your upper body.  So, as you are coming into the wakes your spine should be perpendicular to the water.  Basically you're torso and arms should move very little.  Go about a foot or two outside the wakes and cut in progressively.  This implies that the cut becomes more aggressive as you get to the wake.  Given that your upper body is staying quite upright, you'll cut by using much the same stance you would if you were in a game of tug-o-war.  You grab onto the rope and do the work with your legs.  When you get to the wake you need to extend your legs so they are completely straight at the top of the wakes.

Board footer