Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 2:55 AM

schroeds

The Right Ski ?

Hi:
First time on site....hope I have this right
I'm a just getting back into skiing, and could use some help finding right slalom ski?
I am 49 yrs old (beginner/intermediate) can usually get up on single ski...deep water
Also, I weigh between 220 - 225 lbs....I believe I would like to ski in the 29 - 31 mph range
-  nothing too radical, however, I do like to pull hard, and could use bit of help with turns
Currently have a Connelly Big Daddy....would like something a bit more aggressive...something that
might through up bit of rooster tail once I get my turns down pat.
Any suggestions>
many thx?
Dan

#2 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 12:28 PM

Chef23
Foot Forward: Left

Re: The Right Ski ?

Radar P6 or Theory would both be good skis that are more aggressive than the Big Daddy and have good surface area.

#3 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 1:15 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Welcome back to the H2o!
I agree with Chef and the 69" Theory would work great. I would also suggest slowly bumping your tow speed up to at least 34 mph on the open water. Most ski's will perform So much better at the increased speeds. Otherwise, the ski's will ride much deeper in the water and create excess drag which negates performance and will physically wear the skier out prematurely. (even the Theory will feel better @ 34mph on the open water. -I have one and have done it!)

Good Luck!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#4 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 3:26 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Radar: P6 or Theory HO: Magnum or Triumph Connelly: Outlaw or V
Those will all be pretty similar, the first being the wider of the two.

Spray is a function of your skiing, not the ski. You will build progressively
larger spray as your body positioning on the ski become better and more leveraged.

Board footer