Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Oct 3, 2010 6:30 PM

utahslalom
Skis At: Mantua Reservoir
Foot Forward: Right

Sold my Senate C...Now what?

I couldn't turn down an opportunity to get a decent price out of my 2008 Senate C (67") so I sold it. Now...I'm without a ski. I could use a little advice from you guys so let me know if you have any suggestions. Just to give you an idea of my current skill level, I can run 30mph/15off pretty much every time, 32mph/15off 60-70% of the time, and by PB is 5 @ 34mph/15 off. I'm 6'4" and weigh around 180 lbs. I recently tried out a 68" Strada and loved it, but is a Vice or Strada way out of my current skill level? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by utahslalom (Mon, Oct 4, 2010 6:03 AM)

#2 Sun, Oct 3, 2010 9:01 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Sold my Senate C...Now what?

Not that I have ridden one. But, from what I can gather the Vice would be an awesome choice and a great step in right direction from your Senate. I Love the wicked graphix on it!cool And the price is totally rockin' as well. -Leaving plenty of change in the Bank for Lessons and/or video coaching!  A test drive of any ski would be in order for you to know for sure...

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#3 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 12:14 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

If you felt comfortable on a Strada, that or the Vice would be fine. More important might be how your boat crew thought you looked on the ski.

#4 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 6:02 AM

utahslalom
Skis At: Mantua Reservoir

h20dawg79 wrote:

Not that I have ridden one. But, from what I can gather the Vice would be an awesome choice and a great step in right direction from your Senate. I Love the wicked graphix on it!cool And the price is totally rockin' as well. -Leaving plenty of change in the Bank for Lessons and/or video coaching!  A test drive of any ski would be in order for you to know for sure...

Ya know, I've been thinking a lot about getting the Vice, but after taking a closer look at what Waterski Mag calls “the edgiest graphics ever to grace a slalom ski", I've found myself a little disappointed. Anyone else notice that the graphics on the bottom of the ski include a random girl in slutty lingerie? Call me old fashioned, but I think I've scratched the Vice off my list. Kinda disappointing. I’m still considering the Strada though…

Last edited by utahslalom (Mon, Oct 4, 2010 3:25 PM)

#5 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 1:11 PM

Chef23
Foot Forward: Left

I would have said the Senate C would be a great ski for you.  I have seen it skied into 32 off at 36 mph by a Boys 3 skier in our region.  Maybe the new Senate C it is based on the Strada.

#6 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 1:31 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.

utahslalom wrote:

h20dawg79 wrote:

Ya know, I've been thinking a lot about getting the Vice, but after taking a closer look at what Waterski Mag calls “the edgiest graphics ever to grace a slalom ski", I've found myself a little disappointed. Anyone else notice that the graphics on the bottom of the ski include a random girl in slutty lingerie? Call me old fashioned, but I think I've scratched the Vice on my list. Kinda disappointing. I’m still considering the Strada though…

I had not seen that. I respect your stance. As I feel very much the same way about all the otherwise Cool apparel  out right now that is Loaded up with Sculls and Bones, rather glorifying Death and Darkness... I guess to the ave. wanna be, the whole Death and darkness attitude seems really rebelleous and cool. That is until some of the effects of it's Hard core reality strikes your own family, loved ones or friends...

Well, the Strada's appearance is pure Vanilla!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#7 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 3:50 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Oh, but the new top and red metal on the 2011 Strada looks way better than the 2010; the Matrix bottom was slick as anything, and will be missed.

The 2011 Senate is a fat Strada, that difference might make it worth buying one again.

I'm pretty sure that Goode paints their skis. If the Vice graphics are a no go, you could paint it a nice matte black.

Last edited by HO410 (Mon, Oct 4, 2010 4:27 PM)

#8 Tue, Oct 5, 2010 4:44 AM

greg
Skis At: Arvin, CA

I am riding a prototype of the 2011 Senate (some of the boards are calling it the Strada 55) and it has the stability and sweet spot of the old Senate C (my former ski too) - but it turns noticeably quicker.   I have taken this to multiple PBs this season.  Stick with what works...go Radar!

#9 Tue, Oct 5, 2010 1:51 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

utahslalom wrote:

Ya know, I've been thinking a lot about getting the Vice, but after taking a closer look at what Waterski Mag calls “the edgiest graphics ever to grace a slalom ski", I've found myself a little disappointed. Anyone else notice that the graphics on the bottom of the ski include a random girl in slutty lingerie? Call me old fashioned, but I think I've scratched the Vice off my list. Kinda disappointing. I’m still considering the Strada though…

....have you ever been to Vegas?      roll

Board footer