Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 3:24 AM

skiall6ps190
Foot Forward: Right

Connelly F1X vs. Connelly Concept vs. HO Triumph

Hey guys, I know these posts are very run-of-the-mill but I'd love for some expert advice on all of this. I was at my local pro shop today and was checking out an F1X... I think its the one I want, as it was just a little bit narrower than the Triumph that they had in the shop. I am about 5'10" or so and about 185... 67" sound right for me? I am coming off an O'Brien Sychro 66", but I just do not want to end up with something that will be too much for my level, but I think I should be alright with the F1X. I would love to demo it if I get a chance this season but the weather is starting to turn and I am in college so I would have to find a good weekend. My skiing style is a lot of freeskiing and a little course though I would like to ramp up the use of the course. I rip decently in the open water but lack the rhythm in the course so far but think the extra speed across the course will help too. Think I am on the right track here??

Also, in regards to the Concept, from the looks of it, its a narrower ski than the F1X being that its a traditional ski vs the F1X being a shaped ski... anyone know this for sure??

#2 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 1:21 PM

BrianM
Skis At: the cottage

Re: Connelly F1X vs. Connelly Concept vs. HO Triumph

I chose the F1X 3 years ago when I got back into skiing.  Started back at the course @ 26mph and it's taken me all the way up to running 22off.  I feel like it could take me into 28off with no problem although I'm getting tempted to make a change to something like a Strada.

Great ski and I've loved every minute of being on it.  I may have a 65" for sale soon!

I'm pretty sure that the Concept is a narrower ski.  F1X was built off the F1, with a bit more width.

#3 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 1:41 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

BrianM wrote:

I chose the F1X 3 years ago when I got back into skiing.  Started back at the course @ 26mph and it's taken me all the way up to running 22off.  I feel like it could take me into 28off with no problem although I'm getting tempted to make a change to something like a Strada.

BrianM - do you mean its taken you to 22off at 26mph?? or are you talking about up the rope so 22off at 36mph?? Basically, what speed have you skiied at 22off??

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#4 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 4:23 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

When it comes to shaped skis, a little goes a long way. For example: the Senate is just .2" wider than the MPD or RS-1. Talk to anyone that was overmatched by the MPD or RS-1 (there should be a few out there). The Senate and Senate-C was a revelation.

If you are budgeting for a full priced F1X ($350), I would hold off until your proshop can get you the new Connelly V. You could also order one through H2osmosis with the margin of safety that their Ride Before You Buy program can afford you.

http://www.ballofspray.com/gear-reviews … y-v-review

#5 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 7:01 PM

skiall6ps190

Thanks HO410...I actually went to my shop today and got the F1X to demo for a little while... plus it was last years model so the guy I always deal with at the shop was willing to give me a real good price this late in the season... So I am going to try to ride it this weekend and see what happens... I had heard about that new Connelly V though, sounds like a perfect all around ski

#6 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 8:12 PM

BrianM
Skis At: the cottage

No, started at 26 when I came back and then worked my way up to running 15off at 36mph my first season with it.  Then last year I dropped back to 34mph and worked on 22off @ 34.  Goal was to run 28off @ 34 on it this year but a nasty lung infection destroyed my ski season.

#7 Wed, Sep 29, 2010 4:58 AM

greg
Skis At: Arvin, CA
Foot Forward: left

I also transitioned off of a Synchro a couple of years ago - and went to the Senate C.  I love the large sweet spot on the Radar for wake crossings, but it turns much quicker than the Synchro.  Demo a Radar before you make a final commitment...

Board footer