Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Sep 27, 2010 11:35 PM

WIskier

Ski Size?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be alright to get a ski thats a little to big for you. For example, suppose there is a skier who weighs about about 120 pounds, the ski that should fit him would be a 65 inch ski, but would it be alright to ski on a 66 inch where you should weigh about 140 pounds or will it just be to big to ski well on?

Thanks,
                                                                                                           Kyle

#2 Tue, Sep 28, 2010 12:21 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Ski Size?

My thoughts would be; 1st of all, you can do just about anything size wise and still ski. If the skier is young and still growing, they can grow into it. A bigger ski will be a bit more stable and easier to progress on for most, especially if one is skiing in the open water and/or @ slower speeds. If it's Wide Ride or shaped ski it might not work as well if it is too long. But, 1" isn't going to make or break you. It's probably more important to find a ski that fits the skiers performance level and aspirations and if it's a little long as well it won't make too much difference...

Good Luck!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer