Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Sep 22, 2010 3:07 PM

NoVaSkier

Connelly Outlaw Feedback?

New to the site .... looks great.  Anyone have input on the Connelly Outlaw --- probably a 69".  I'm 5'10" 215#.  Have been a solid two boot recreational skier on a 67" when I was 185# on an early '90s O'Brien, but have been off skis for 15 years.  The slightly wider/shaped skis seem to have a solid following even in some competition divisions --- so there must be some value in them at 28-32mph.  Any thoughts anybody?  Thanks.

#2 Wed, Sep 22, 2010 5:10 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Connelly Outlaw Feedback?

Absolutely. Tons of merit skis like the HO Triumph, Radar Theory, or Connelly Outlaw. If you plan to go Connelly, my may want to hold of until the 2011 skis start to ship. Connelly has a new ski called "V" coming down the pipe. I'm not sure if it slots closer to a ski like the Senate or closer to a ski like the Outlaw, but it's going to be a pretty sweet ski.

#3 Wed, Sep 29, 2010 4:24 PM

NoVaSkier

Well, I got the Connelly Outlaw and it was a perfect match for where I'm at, just getting comfortable again after 15 years off the ski.  The Outlaw is stable, has plenty of turning capability to test/push me.  Even the lower-level "front adjustable" Connelly boot I chose feels great.  LakeElmoSports.com put both  it and the open rear toe strap and footbed on plates, so I can upgrade back up to higher-level boots next year after I get some more miles on the water.  LakeElmo gave me superior service, endured several phone calls as I decided on the model, and gave me a good deal as well.  Chuck and Scott were great.

I love the feel of the ski and it'll be a nice stepping stone back to something like a Connelly Concept or similar standard profile ski.

Last edited by NoVaSkier (Wed, Sep 29, 2010 4:24 PM)

#4 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 2:55 AM

NoVaSkier

The Outlaw continues to show its strength for this intermediate 215# guy that's been off skis for 15 years.  Working on faster wake crossings and shadowing balls at 15 off @28.  It's stable, confortable and has more turn and edge than I'm honestly able to use right now.  Another month and we'll really be hooked up together. 

I also took the adjustable toe strap off my HO Adj/Pivot Plate (didn't fit the Connelly hole pattern) and mounted it on the more comfortable Connelly Rear Pivot Plate & Footbed that comes with the Connelly Pivot, but, non/adj rear toe strap.  Now I have the best of both worlds in a very comfortable footbed.

#5 Mon, Nov 1, 2010 12:02 AM

maverick2

I think you'll find your Outlaw perfect for what you're doing right now.  I've been skiing a 69" Outlaw all summer, and it's been a ball.  I'm 260#, ski it about 32 mph, and find it to be one of the more forgiving skis (particulary in rough water) I've been on.   Seems to have a huge sweet spot, and doesn't punish you if you're fore/aft balance isn't perfect all the time.  I can take it thru the wake as fast as I want, and seems to hold pretty well in corners.  I skied this ski very well from my first run on it, and could probably be happy skiing this ski for a long time.  I am looking at upgrading next spring, as I think I'd like a ski that challenges/pushes me a bit more, but won't do that unless I can find something that handles rough water reasonably as well...  Enjoy!

Board footer