Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#26 Tue, Sep 21, 2010 7:58 PM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Centurion "Carbon Pro"

What is a backboard, not a term I know. Backseat?

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

#27 Tue, Sep 21, 2010 8:39 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Spine Board might be a more standard term. Don't quite know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_spine_board For clarity sake.

It's the yellow panel looking thing on the starboard side of the boat.

Last edited by HO410 (Tue, Sep 21, 2010 8:39 PM)

#28 Wed, Sep 22, 2010 1:38 PM

Andrew1988
Skis At: Where ever I can
Foot Forward: Left

ColinCanski wrote:

What is a backboard, not a term I know. Backseat?

My fault, should not have jumped to conclusions so fast!

Looking for places to ski in Metro Detroit!

#29 Wed, Sep 22, 2010 9:30 PM

ColinCanski

Sorry, if I'd read the thead properly I would've figured out what a backboard is. Interesting that AWSA require a back boarrd in the boat for tournaments. I would've thought it should be in the rescue boat.

#30 Thu, Sep 23, 2010 2:37 AM

2gofaster

Rescue boat?!?! Yeah, not one of them required either.

FWIW......my neighbor who's one of the safety guys in the area checked and the backboard is not required to be in the boat at this time. At least not by the awsa.  Who knows about international rules.

Last edited by 2gofaster (Thu, Sep 23, 2010 2:39 AM)

Shane Hill

#31 Thu, Sep 23, 2010 3:51 PM

ColinCanski

Appreciating the original story has been hijacked somewhat. In the league tournaments I've skied in in the UK, there has generally been a rescue boat. If a skier falls he either swims out of the course and/or is picked up by the rescue boat. It would seem to make sense to have the backboard in either tournament or rescue boat regardless of whether there is a rule or not.

Also it would be a good idea for drivers/observers and skiers to actually practice getting an 'injured' skier out of the water on a back board. I've never been shown and something i will discuss at our club on sunday.

#32 Thu, Sep 23, 2010 6:06 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

It would seem to make sense to have the backboard in either tournament or rescue boat regardless of whether there is a rule or not.

Yup. Regardless of AWSA regulations I think it is an new insurance mandate that the backboard be in the boat (?). Seems reasonable... stuff happens.

Anyone have any other thoughts on the new boat?

#33 Thu, Sep 23, 2010 6:32 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Not a big fan of mandates, particularly when the layout of a site can vary dramatically. At many of these sites, it makes more sense for safety equipment to be on shore somewhere around the 3rd buoy. Also, I'm thinking back to the days I was a YMCA certified lifeguard, we spent so much time being drilled on waveless approach strokes I don't know about the towboat hauling a&^ back to the skier.

But I digress. Wade, how were the skiers comparing the wakes and pull to the SN 200?

#34 Thu, Sep 23, 2010 6:49 PM

Andrew1988

WadeWilliams wrote:

Anyone have any other thoughts on the new boat?

I'll take one!

#35 Thu, Sep 23, 2010 7:45 PM

Galejan
Skis At: Tunsättersjön
Foot Forward: left

I`m very intrested what you all think about the boat compared to SN200, MC and Malibu. we (our waterski club) are planning on buying a new boat to the next season and the 3 above are the boats we looking at.
But there is a dealer close to us who sell Centurion and if its a great skiboat we should consider to contact him.

#36 Fri, Sep 24, 2010 6:01 PM

millertime
Skis At: Lake Weir and Blue Lake, Ocala,FL

As anything else you should ski one first. We have skied it quite few times and are pretty happy with it so far. They are still tweeking it a bit and sure they will have a nice finished product. The wake is pretty nice -15/-32 after that there is a little chine spray from the boat wich I hear they are working on. The boat seems to track alright down through the course and it turns better than any other Centurion out for the past 10 years. The boat we have has the 409 in it and it is a beast. We filled it up and have skied three good sets with three guys and still have over and 1/8 of a tank left of fuel. Over all nice boat so far but learning more about it every time we are out in it.

"It is what it is"

#37 Fri, Oct 15, 2010 9:34 PM

wski1

Any input on the trick wake?

#38 Mon, Oct 18, 2010 12:46 PM

millertime
Skis At: Lake Weir and Blue Lake, Ocala,FL

If I heard correct AWSA is testing boats this week at the head quarters. So we should be getting something soon on all three events.

"It is what it is"

#39 Mon, Oct 18, 2010 2:10 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake

The boat that is in the testing right now will be pulling the McCormick Fall Classic tournament this weekend as well.  I am told it is dialed in!

#40 Sat, Oct 23, 2010 2:30 AM

Andrew1988

It will be towing the 2011 Nationals: http://www.theproskitour.com/news/283-c … -nationals

Board footer