Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Sep 9, 2010 8:57 PM

popof
Skis At: Paris, France
Foot Forward: Both ;) (ok, LFF)

Radar Lyric vs Goode Maika'i???

Hello guys!
I'm back to bother you with one of my ski questions, but since it's impossible to test new gear in Paris, I have to rely on whatever I read on the forums to orient my purchases!

Obviously this ski wouldn't be for me, but for my sister, a consistent open-water skier who only this summer decided to try the course.

She is just beginning to nail it at 15off, 28mph with my father's GOODE 9500 and basically loves the ski... Smooth skier, sporty girl.

Given the closeout prices on the GOODE MAIKAI, and the Price on the Radar, we are thinking on buying her a ski for christmas but I've never heard anything about the Lyric? And thus cannot decide. Obviously the looks matter, and both nail it in that department wink

Does the Lyric even compare to the Goode as far as skiing is concerned or is it simply not the same league?

Any insight greatly appreciated!!
Cheers from Paris.

Romain

#2 Thu, Sep 9, 2010 10:15 PM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Radar Lyric vs Goode Maika'i???

I would say not in the same league, at least price-wise. You're talking about a 250.00 vs. a 1200.00 ski.

#3 Fri, Sep 10, 2010 1:06 AM

Digger
Skis At: Steilacoom Lake

Popof, can't speak much to the Goode but my wife has the 65" Lyric w/ Lryic boots. She's not an advanced skier by any means, mainly free skis at 28/28. The Lyric has a fixed fin, does not hunt an edge and is very stable, she is very happy with it and it "fits" her ability and style well. She has tried a D3 X5 Rose but did not care for it (hunts an edge and felt "wobbly" to her), felt OK on an older CDX and liked her last ski, an ICONN. the Lyric is probably a good starter ski for the course that may go in 28 off but probably not any faster than 30mph, 32 max I would guess. Hope this helps in the decision, for the money, this is great ski for entry - intermediate level skiers.

Last edited by Digger (Fri, Sep 10, 2010 1:07 AM)

Ski hard or save the gas

#4 Fri, Sep 10, 2010 7:42 AM

popof

Digger wrote:

Popof, can't speak much to the Goode but my wife has the 65" Lyric w/ Lryic boots. She's not an advanced skier by any means, mainly free skis at 28/28. The Lyric has a fixed fin, does not hunt an edge and is very stable, she is very happy with it and it "fits" her ability and style well. She has tried a D3 X5 Rose but did not care for it (hunts an edge and felt "wobbly" to her), felt OK on an older CDX and liked her last ski, an ICONN. the Lyric is probably a good starter ski for the course that may go in 28 off but probably not any faster than 30mph, 32 max I would guess. Hope this helps in the decision, for the money, this is great ski for entry - intermediate level skiers.

Heeeeyyy! Thanks a lot Digger, that is some precious insight!

I will keep this in mind, did you say your wife runs 28off at 28mph? Well I don't know but i'd say that is the beginning of an advanced skier. Obviously we're not talking 34mph but still, running 28off takes some technique wink

Thanks for the info!

#5 Fri, Sep 10, 2010 3:23 PM

ScotChipman

If she loves the 9500 the Lyric will be a step back, go for the Maikai. The Maikai is marked down to $690 on www.goode.com/wsmodel2008SLsalespgm001.htm

Scot Chipman

#6 Sat, Sep 11, 2010 1:24 AM

Digger
Skis At: Steilacoom Lake

popof - no, she is not in the course at 28 off, just free skis at 28 off, better wake, less bump and less whip for her. I would agree with Scot, the Lryic would be a step back and limiting in advancement. My wife is just happy where she is and not looking to get into the course like us "die hards".

Ski hard or save the gas

#7 Sat, Sep 11, 2010 6:49 AM

popof

Ooook great. Thanks Guys smile Then I guess it'll be the Goode, the only thing that bugs me with the Goode is that you have to go through all the trouble with the powerplate, the velcro dual lock etc etc...but in deed, if she likes the Goodes than let's just stick to them wink

Thanks guys!

Romain

Board footer