Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Aug 19, 2010 10:21 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

Ski Sunset Ranch

My wife and I just got back from ski sunset ranch in Sacramento.  All I can say is the Place is awesome!!

It was a last minute decision for us and fortunately they had their cottage available, which by the way is very nice and exceptionally well done.
They make you feel like part of the family.

Terry Winter is such a great coach very patient and it becomes obvious that he has really studied and understands the sport.   I really believe when all is said and done he will end up being known more for his great coaching, than his skiing.

Doug Trimble also coaches and he and Terry are completely on the same page, so it really didn't matter who you got on your set, you were being given the same information.

Every set they have a driver and a coach in the boat, where the driver just drives.  As a student of the school I really appreciated this.

This is truly a class place and if you get the opportunity to go,  GO!

And I wasn't paid to say any of this.big_smile

Todd

http://www.skisunsetranch.com/

#2 Fri, Aug 20, 2010 12:13 AM

SteveDoc
Skis At: Sacramento Delta

Re: Ski Sunset Ranch

Todd,
I also went there this summer for a 4 day stay and it was 4 of the most fun days of my life. I agree  about what you said about the coaching Doug and Terry were great.
It was a fantastic place to ski at.

Steve

#3 Fri, Aug 20, 2010 2:10 AM

laz

Can you tell me a bit more about the place?  How much time did you spend skiing and what was there to do when not skiing?

Thanks.

#4 Fri, Aug 20, 2010 3:36 AM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole

About 20 miles south of Sac.  1.5 hours from Tahoe.  They have a list and directions of cool places to visit I think they have it on their web site.

We got up and skied our first sets between 11-2 and then did our last set around 6 or so.  But you can ski at 7 am and then take off for the rest of the day if you want.  Our kids just hung out watched TV, swam.  We bbq'd there which was fun. 

I took a nap between sets and watched ski videos.

Basically the lake has a grape vinyard around it so it has a great feel to it.

#5 Fri, Aug 20, 2010 3:50 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Sounds so good!!! lets see how do i sell this one to my wife?? But hunny its on a vinyard! oh yeah we dont drink anymore and fine wine was never our deal anyway. Uhmm hunny private ski lake! oh yaeh you cant stand skiing around bouys. Uhmm you dont have to drive the boat and you can sleep all day! now were cookin. Uhmm i will send you clothes and shoe shopping with no limit while i take extra sets. I think i might be getting somewhere now.
I have been checking it out online and have heard great things about the site, TW and the owners sound great.

Thanks, MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Sat, Aug 21, 2010 1:23 PM)

#6 Fri, Aug 20, 2010 7:18 PM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

Mark, you should do it.  Holly and I went a couple of years ago for our anniversary and that is the trip that got her hooked on the course.  If Madeline has reservations, have her talk to Holly...she'll talk her into it smile  They coach every level, the lake is absolutely amazing, people are great, and it's close enough to Utah to drive to. 

We spent our evenings in town (dinner, movie or whatever would let our arms and back rest).

Travis Ogden

#7 Sat, Aug 21, 2010 1:18 AM

Chef23
Foot Forward: Left

MChilcutt wrote:

Sounds so good!!! lets see how do i sell this one to my wife?? But hunny its on a vinyard! oh yeah we dont drink anymore and fine wine was never our deal anyway. Uhmm hunny private ski lake! oh yaeh you cant stand skiing around bouys. Uhmm you dont have to drive the boat and you can sleep all day! now were cookin. Uhmm i will send you clothes and shoe shopping with no limit while i take extra sets. I think i might be getting somewhere know.
I have been checking it out online and have heard great things about the site, TW and the owners sound great.

Thanks, MC

I took my wife with us to Coble's in NC along with the kids which is somewhat rustic and she enjoyed it.  My understanding is that Sunset Ranch is very nice.  My wife was just glad she could hang out by the lake, go for walks and she didn't have to cook any meals.

Board footer