Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 3:58 PM

WayneCammidge

New Radar Strada Boots

Hi all.
I have just received a pair of Radar strada 2010 boots.
First question.
I am reading about the custom inner sole.
Is that seperate or part of either the boot liner or the boot itself.
I did not receive any instruction, other than the warnings that you may die etc.
HOw do I go about forming the inners, we are in South Africa and it is not going to be possible to find anyone local to do the forming.
Any set up do's and don'ts
These are my first b indings that are n ot going to be rubber.
looking forward to getting on the water, they are going on an  Elite
Look forward to all your comments.
Cheers
Wayne

#2 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 4:09 PM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

Re: New Radar Strada Boots

The insole is suppose to be inside the liner. Has for heat molding i followed instruction from the fluid motion site since they use intuition liner too. You can use your oven to do it (convection is better). Just stay close and don't over do it. Wear a thin sock to form the liner to avoid burning your skin. It is very easy. You will love those boots they are very confy and ski well...make sure to get elasticity on the bungee cord at the ankle to make sure they can release. You don't have to have them tight to ski well..you will see it is a very different feeling than rubber but transition is seamless.

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#3 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 4:16 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Do whatever feels comfortable and skis right.
Do strap in on dry land and pull yourself out of the boots: it that feels okay, you're good to go.

#4 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 5:06 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake

Give them a shot without molding. You might like it. DO NOT HEAT THE INSOLES!

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#5 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 5:28 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

another option if you have a hot water shower on the boat....fill them with hot water, strap them on, then ski!!

#6 Thu, Aug 19, 2010 2:26 AM

crdickey

The insoles are green, like the Superfeet brand. Don't heat them, only the liners. Suggest trying them before you mold them, they mold themselves somewhat. I heated mine and they never felt as good as the factory mold.  The previous model, RS-1's needed molding to fit my feet correctly but the Strada didn't. Make sure not to tighten the laces too tight.

#7 Thu, Aug 19, 2010 1:53 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

crdickey wrote:

I heated mine and they never felt as good as the factory mold.  .

Unless there's been a change, the Liners can be molded and Re-molded many times. So, you might want to Re-Heat them (without putting your feet in them) and allow them to go back to the orig. shape...

Maybe also reheat & play around with more or less sock over the feet and snug or even untightened laces... These kinds of options are what make these Babies so custom and Sooooooooo comfy!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#8 Thu, Aug 19, 2010 2:38 PM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge

here are the instructions i followed with succes.

DON'T HEAT THE INSOLE JUST PUT THEM BACK IN WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH THE LINERS AND THEY HAVE COOLED DOWN.

Heat Moldable Water Ski Boot Fitment Manual
Steps for Oven Molding
1. Pre-heat oven to 250DegF. Use a DRY Sock, then cover your foot in a plastic bag (like a kitchen or
shopping bag) (i just used a thin sock)
2. Put the liner in the oven, on a double cookie sheet for 7-10 min, it will go real rubbery and lose its molded
shape to look sort of like an oven mitt. You can also use a tin foil covering to protect the liner from oven hotspots.
A laser-aimed thermometer (Ebay about $65) is a great tool to determine oven and liner ( they don't get that soft but noticably softer)
temperatures, and for other things as well.
3. Immediately after removal from the oven, insert the foot into the liner and stretch out the liner in the toe
area, carefully pulling but not too hard. We also use our hand to form some extra room in the heel pocket,
which makes for toe room later.
Then insert the foot and liner into the shell. You may also try putting the liner into the boot first, followed by
the foot. Which method to use depends on the boot and liner used. Now shape and overlap the liner tightly,
and buckle the boot, as quickly as possible. If your foot feels uncomfortably hot, then remove, change
your sock/check the temperature and try again.
4. For extra toe room, use a sock, and a small cloth in your toe area (to create a toe cap). Slide your foot
into the boot/liner.
5.  I did not do this step because the strada are not plastic hard boots. OPTIONALLY - like most in-line boots, insert a make-shift plastic "tongue" to compress the liner under
the buckles. We use a plastic tongue cut from a Rubber Maid bin top. The tongue is 5” long by about 2”
wide.
6. Do up the buckles reasonably snug and flex forward to set the heel. Sit down, or for a more compressed
foot bed, stand up and wait until formed and cooled (5-10 minutes). Unbuckle and you are done.

Last edited by jerrysnow (Thu, Aug 19, 2010 2:43 PM)

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

Board footer