Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Aug 12, 2010 8:29 PM

Hack
Foot Forward: Left

'09 Radar Annex question.

Hey all,

I'm skiing an '09 Radar Annex with double Strada bindings.  I have not made any changes to the ski as of yet.  The water is breaking between my feet, rather than up under my front (left) foot where it did on my old ski.  Feels like it's popping up quite a bit.  Is this a fin adjustment, or should I move the bindings forward (they are set in the middle holes now).

Thanks, in advance.

Hack

#2 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 2:08 PM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge

Re: '09 Radar Annex question.

Hey Hack,

I have the same set up and run my boots one hole back ( bindings more to the back of ski from center hole). I use the Radar standard fin setting. Interestingly this ski run good in my fast hard north water, my sixam had to be fine tune more to ski well. One thing for sure is that this ski likes to be carve with speed not turn and burn. The more fluid and light on the rope i am the better it skis. If you counter rotate and shift your hip this ski rocks ! If you muscle it it is not reponding as well. It is a very good ski and the strada boots are incredible, i love my ski now that i ski it the right way. The stock setting is working fine for me at 34 mph @32 off , cannot comment for shorter lenght. Hope it helps you.

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#3 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 3:35 PM

Hack

Thanks, Jerry.

So, with the way you have the ski set up, where does the water break under your feet after you cross the wake and are gliding out toward the pre-turn?

#4 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 4:02 PM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge

Under my front foot. I don't really check that i just go with my feeling on the ski. With my boot there i feel balance and my ski is stable in pre-turn. You have to try to see. What speed are you sking ?

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#5 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 9:03 PM

Hack

32-34 mph.  15-22 off.

Board footer