Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Aug 11, 2010 4:59 AM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

ski advice for a 13 years old 5'8'' 147 lbs

hey guys,

my son is progressing well and wants to run more in the course....if we can found one !He is on a 2006 Monza 65'. It is the right size now but next year he will need a bigger ski i think. He went to ski camp and at the end of the week he went from 15 off at 30 mph to 22 off at 34 mph so he is making progress fast. He has a very strong onside but struggle to keep his angle on his offside. I red in some reviews that the Monza is not very forgiving on the offside ? I have a 67 annex , he tried it , it is to big for him but he was more symetrical on it.

Demo is difficult here in Canada. If you have some suggestions with some comments  it would be helpfull.

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#2 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 2:50 PM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

Re: ski advice for a 13 years old 5'8'' 147 lbs

Wade, Chris, TW any comments ? I would like some info.

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#3 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 3:30 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: ski advice for a 13 years old 5'8'' 147 lbs

You know what? One of the things I've been hearing frequently is that the newest round of skis are very balanced, and it seems like the sweet spots are getting bigger. I know from personal experience that the offside on the A1 is much more forgiving than on the Monza. If he liked what he was feeling from the Annex, he'll probably be happy with the Strada, but I think you'd be hard pressed to make a bad choice.

Board footer