Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 3:17 PM

behindpropellers

Removing the wing

Looking for some advice on the wing.

Do I want to ski without it or keep it on? I ski 34 now, working up to getting through the course at 36.

Also, I can't find a stock  wing setting for an obrien sixam 1.1.

Thanks

Tim

#2 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 3:28 PM

Thomas Wayne

Re: Removing the wing

If I remember correctly, the original "Independent Ski Tests" (several years ago)  produced a consensus wing angle of 8* for the SixAM 1.1

TW

#3 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 3:49 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake
Foot Forward: Left

8 is stock.  In warm soft water you could run 7.  What line are you running?  If you are between long line and 22 off, I would remove it.

#4 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 6:27 PM

behindpropellers

Right now skiing @ 15off.

Tim

#5 Wed, Aug 11, 2010 1:51 PM

behindpropellers

Last night I took the wing off and skied a set @ 32 mph. The first couple passes were tough but once I got settled down I found I had more time at the buoy.

#6 Wed, Aug 11, 2010 2:49 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Yes, at your speed and line length, the wing actually hurts you.  You need to be able to carry as much speed as possible out to the bouy, and the wing will just slow you down.  You shouldn't need the wing until you are skiing 34 mph and 22-28 off , at which time you need that "brake" at the bouy.

Board footer