Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Aug 8, 2010 4:45 PM

chris

Malibu open

I would love to know what actually happened in the mens finals.. jb looks like he wins then a re-ride for Will with zo??  can anyone clarify?

#2 Mon, Aug 9, 2010 4:16 AM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Malibu open

I was not there but from twitter and posts on www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/commen … amp;page=1 this is what I think happened. FYI, In the finlas they are were not running 36 mph, there were going 35.5 mph.

In the finals Jamie goes out first and runs 39', will runs 4 @ 39'. Jamie wins but 5-10 minutes later after Jamie has already had a celebratory beverage they tell Jamie he needs to go back out becasue Will had a slow boat speed, slower than the slow speed they were all ready runnning! Jamie refuses to go back out, Will goes out and runs 39' then 1 @ 41' for the win.

Last edited by ScotChipman (Mon, Aug 9, 2010 3:20 PM)

Scot Chipman

#3 Wed, Aug 11, 2010 3:26 PM

nicolejn

Congrats to April Coble Eller ! Anyone looking for great ski instruction. I went to her school last week and been going for a few summers. It is truly the best school and place to be! The coaching is really really good and lots of fun to be there! Great people and great school! Definitley recommend Coble Ski School!

#4 Wed, Aug 11, 2010 3:42 PM

ScotChipman

You can now watch the Malibu Open at http://www.theproskitour.com/videos

Scot Chipman

#5 Mon, Aug 30, 2010 1:00 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

Hey guys just watched the Malibu open's finals and I'm kinda confused.. y would Jamie give up his pass?? just because he had a drink??? i mean.. isn't that like just giving up his title??

Am i the only one who is thinking that giving up a chance at first place is insane!?!?

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#6 Mon, Aug 30, 2010 2:09 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

It was a pretty crappy deal all the way around. Will got screwed with bad boat speed, and Jamie got screwed because it took so long to sort out if Will should get a reride. In talking to people who were there, it was something close to 20 minutes before the reride was granted. Once they slowed down the boat this became a fun/exhibition event. I'm more concerned how this plays to the crowd.

Recall that Jamie boycotted (or still does) IWSF events, because they screwed up the boat path video on his world record set. I'm not that suprised that he would refuse to go back out, and I'm pretty sure that being intoxicated (yes, only one) would disqualify him from competing.

Board footer