Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Aug 7, 2010 5:17 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

Looking for Ski Ride - NE of Toronto - 8/26

I would happily buy a tank of gas, pay a guest fee, and/or buy beverages/food for a couple of sets in Canada on Aug-26th.  Have to work in Oshawa/Bowmanville area on Aug 24-25th & 27-29th, but could be anywhere within 100km at anytime on Thr 26th to ski.

Could also throw in 2-4 tickets to Mosport ALMS race for 27th-29th.
http://mosport.com/alms10.htm

Thanks ahead for any ideas!

#2 Sat, Aug 7, 2010 6:41 PM

BrianM
Skis At: the cottage
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Looking for Ski Ride - NE of Toronto - 8/26

www.Summerski.ca might be your best bet!

#3 Sun, Aug 8, 2010 12:01 AM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

Im one hour North of Oshawa on Pigeon Lake, just south of Bobcaygeon.

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#4 Mon, Aug 9, 2010 2:12 PM

Ripperdog

Hey Miski
I live on a small lake 45 mins north of Oshawa. No course, just turns.  '02  Mastercraft 19' skier. I'm working nights but could ski afternoons.

#5 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 1:11 AM

Skiboy

Hey Ripperdog, where about's are u? Not far from u.

#6 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 11:32 AM

Ripperdog

Hey SkiBoy
I'm 10 mins north of Uxbridge on Wagners Lake.  Do you have a course in Bobcaygeon?
I'm new to this site, love it, tons of great info. Pretty cool to see posts and info from pro's.
What is the Karma +- thing about?

#7 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 1:19 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

Ripperdog, I had a feeling you were going to say Wagners.  I saw a few places for sale last year there and wondered if anyone skied on it.

how would the residents and authorities feel about a course?   how do they take to waterskiing there?  I understand its somewhat a protected lake being part of the moraine. 

Karma you can give and receive, click on someones Karma to see what type of comments people leave for others when giving Karma.

miski: you can also go to www.mcclintocks.com, its about 130kms west on the 401.  wouldn't want to do it in rush hour, but could be there in just over an hour easy.   they are the only drop in public ski sites in the area, but it looks like you have some good options already smile

Last edited by Killer (Tue, Aug 10, 2010 1:23 PM)

#8 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 5:59 PM

Ripperdog

There are about 10 rec skiers on the lake, and a couple of boarders. Applied for a course with a 36 page document to the Lake Simcoe Conservation Authority.  They approved, now I have to submit some more drawings and some signatures to Transport Canada.  It's been a lot of work, but I'm pretty optimistic for next year!

#9 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 6:16 PM

miski

Wow, that is a high density of PSC members up there! I did call Paul @ Summerski and made arrangements to ski on the 26th, but thanks for the offers to ski.

Ripperdog & Skiboy - you guys are very close to Mosport. If you or any other PSC members in the area want to come to the race on the 29th, let me know and I'll get you on our over-crew list.

#10 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 7:12 PM

BrianM

Enjoy Summerski.  I've found Paul to be a great instructor.  The less busy it is, the more time he spends with you.  If its dead, he'll spend all the time in the world instructing.

#11 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 7:25 PM

Skiboy

Yes i have a course in, just down from my house. Been in about 8 years. Just dropped it in , nocomplaints yet from anybody, tucked away from the main system in a bay

#12 Wed, Aug 11, 2010 6:46 PM

Ripperdog

Hey SkiBoy
Do you run a club?  Are you looking for skiers? I ski with a group in Orillia on weekends, but would love to find some course time mid-week. I work shifts so I'm available varying nights and days.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm begging!
Steve

#13 Sun, Aug 15, 2010 2:57 PM

tru-jack

Ripperdog where do you ski in orillia?  We ski every weekend in orillia and most weeknight. Our club owns 3 courses 1 on couch and the 2 by the hrc on simcoe. Our club meets every Tuesday night and could use a new member or 2. We also ski most week nights here at whatever course has best conditions. Name is Jeff and I have the blue and white lxi and ski with white and green nautique and mastercraft and red mastercraft.

#14 Sun, Aug 15, 2010 10:27 PM

laz

I have a group that meets on Thursdays.  It's a bit of a hassle as we have to install our course and pull it out each time.  We meet at Kon Tiki Marina and put the course in on the Holland River.

#15 Mon, Aug 16, 2010 11:44 AM

Ripperdog

Tru-Jack I ski saturdays and some Sundays on Mcphee bay.  Yellow mastercraft or blue Malibu.   I have seen the green nautique out before and heard of the Tuesday group. How many skiers? Where do you meet? Membership costs?

#16 Mon, Aug 16, 2010 4:40 PM

tru-jack

ok, so you ski with Paul or Mike R in the purple malibu.  we have about 12 skiers, it's $375 for the year but I think it was $450 for first year guys and that includes a pontoon boat to raft on and 2 ski boats every tuesday at the 2 ski courses.  You get 3 sets but maybe only 2 once the days get shorter.  the boats are members boats and they get $125 per night and are rotated through a schedule.  Also the $ goes to the maintenance of the courses.  We just put new balls on one of the courses.  One warning is the McPhee course is a bit easier than most, not sure if it's narrower or a bit longer but most of us easily ski a full pass better on that course, not a bad thing just worth noting.  Our members range from 32mph trying to run a 15 off pass to 3rd in Canada in Mens 3 cleaning 38 off which isn't that easy on a big rollly lake and everything in between.  It's just a good group of guys comitting a night to skiing in their daily schedules.  Most ski in the mornings on the weekends and most weeknights with one another.  It's a good group to ski and network your skiing schedules with.  Mike R used to ski with us when he was around a bit more.

#17 Mon, Aug 16, 2010 4:41 PM

tru-jack

Laz, just curious how long does it take to put your course in and take it out?  I know the ads say less than 15 minutes but i find that hard to believe. thanks

#18 Mon, Aug 16, 2010 9:30 PM

laz

If it's calm, three of us can usually get the course in within 30 minutes.  Of course, that doesn't include loading the course onto the boat and driving out to the ski site.

#19 Sun, Aug 22, 2010 12:03 PM

Skiboy

Ripperdog, no not a club, actually tried it years ago,with Ontario Waterski, could not get anyone interested, a couple guys, have 4 guys that pop around, usually just me and a ski buddy that lives across the lake from me. Funny just cant get people interested in it around here. Anytime u want to ski, give me a call, work everyday but home nites.
       Doug.

#20 Mon, Aug 23, 2010 1:32 PM

jewill4
Skis At: Bear Lake
Foot Forward: LFF

I'm probably 3 hours away, an hour south west of buffalo.  Sorry man.

J-Rod.

#21 Fri, Aug 27, 2010 7:57 PM

miski

Skied w/ Paul @ SummerSki last night - super cool site & great people. Paul had my typical challenges summed up in one set watching through the mirror. I actually think he figured out what goes away later in a set for me and I fixed it up for my last pass and it felt like my first pass! With all the skiing up in this area, I might bring the family up on vaca next year. Thanks for all the offers to ski - maybe next time I can meet some more CA rippers.

Cheers!

#22 Sat, Aug 28, 2010 1:02 AM

BrianM

Glad to hear that you got your set in!

BM

Board footer