Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Aug 2, 2010 1:57 PM

titaniumbutt
Skis At: Turkeyfoot Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Radar Sequence Plate with Vector bindings

Hey-o everybody:

I am about to set up my new-to-me Radar Senate-C ski (67") and have decided to go with the Vector boots.  My question is:
Is it a good idea for me to purchase the Sequence plate (available) so that the plate will "float independently" thus allowing the ski to flex naturally? 

>I am an agressive recreational skier who doesn't ski the course (no availability).  I do however have 20+ years into slalom skiing and love to imitate the pros in terms of angle across the wake, edge change etc.  I ski at 31-34 mph depending on conditions.  Any informed advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

#2 Mon, Aug 2, 2010 2:19 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

Re: Radar Sequence Plate with Vector bindings

I don't notice the difference of the ski flex characteristics w/ or w/out the Sequence Plate.   IMO, the benefit of the Sequence Plate is that it allows quick adjustments ....since it attaches to the ski w/ only 6 screws, and only 2 of them need to be removed/replaced to adjust the plate fore and aft.

#3 Mon, Aug 2, 2010 7:46 PM

titaniumbutt
Skis At: Turkeyfoot Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Thanks.  Apparently a Sequence Plate also "universally attaches to any manufacturer’s hole pattern" allowing one to move the bindings between skis rather easily while maintaining their relative positions.  This should provide more of an "apples to apples" comparison of whatever ski I want to try...

#4 Mon, Aug 2, 2010 11:01 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

for sure, if you are the type that enjoys and has opportunity to try different skis, the Sequence plate will sure speed set up.

Board footer