Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jul 30, 2010 7:27 PM

millertime
Skis At: Lake Weir and Blue Lake, Ocala,FL
Foot Forward: Right

Watch what you wish for!

Alright so for the past year I have been working on making my -35 pass and now I am running at least once a set which is great. But, the problem I am having is now working on -38 I have been taking some of the hardest hit I have taken in a while. That being said it has not been my -38 pass I have been crashing on either. In the past month I have let the back tip of my ski and the back of my head get to become pretty good friends. I know once I get everything worked out I am going to have a great big smile on my face when I run the pass but I am thinking there might be a few hospital visits before then. Not real sure why the big crashes all of a sudden. But, I guess I am trying to say like the title says "Watch what you wish for!"

"It is what it is"

#2 Fri, Jul 30, 2010 7:59 PM

Thomas Wayne

Re: Watch what you wish for!

I would guess the built-in accelerometer between your ears is determining that you've achieved maximum acceptable velocity and it's putting in an immediate order for the rest of your body to ease up out of a solid "pulling" position.  Unfortunately the timing of this request is such that you aren't holding a strong position through the wakes.

Just a guess, of course...

TW

#3 Fri, Jul 30, 2010 9:03 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Watch what you wish for!

Half of the game is 90% mental.

Recently I've been hearing a lot of skiers say, "I don't want to add anything to it, I just want to ski it like that last pass" Ironically I'm hearing this most often when they cut from -35' to -38'. I interpret this to say that the things that made you successful at -35' will make you successful at -38'. Don't over do it.

Board footer