Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 8:05 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

D3 Nomad for Wife

I found a brand new 65 " 2008 D3 Nomad RC for $299.  I also found a used 2007 version of the same ski for $199.  I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these skis for my wife.  She is new to the course and currently skis just the mini course at about 26 mph.  When she freeskis she goes 30 mph.  Would this be a good ski for her or would it be to much?   This is a great deal for this ski and I always here how user-friendly D3s are.

Garn

Last edited by Garn (Thu, Jul 29, 2010 8:06 PM)

#2 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 8:41 PM

ScotChipman

Re: D3 Nomad for Wife

Garn, I just bought a used 65" Nomad for my wife Kelly and she loves it, she is working on 32 mph. Go for it.

Scot Chipman

#3 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 8:47 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

Hi Garn,

I'm a female skiing on a D3 X5 and loving it! I've made the transition from an older Kidder or D3 now to this X5 this summer and what a difference!
Couple of things I could say about D3, yes very friendly skis but the X5 not as forgiving as my old Kidder for sure.
I've improved a lot on the X5 this season.....way more room to grow:o)I wish I had made this transition before
Not sure about the Nomad myself, I've couple male skiers at our lake that loves the Nomad but their statement is that the X5 is a more forgiving ski compared to the Nomad.

I hope this helps a bit.

Snow

#4 Sat, Jul 31, 2010 1:32 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Garn,
D3 equals great turning ski. D3 also = Not as fast as other skiis. D3 really helped build my confidence over a season or two. I would get that RC for the money that is a great deal.
MC

Board footer