Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 2:14 PM

FireJurk

One of the Brother In Laws left the HO Vengeance on the dock.

So, long story short, it was not there when the other brother in law drove back at 11PM to look for it. So long ol' trusty ski. I wasn't the one to buy it and Dear ol Pappy ain't buying another. So I'm considering buying another semi wide ski for the family. The ski they lost was a 69" Ho Vengeance with the green top if that makes any difference. Any completely biased suggestions out there for a replacement ski?

#2 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 3:22 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: One of the Brother In Laws left the HO Vengeance on the dock.

Check ski-it-again.com or ebay, you may be able to find another one. I think the current analog in the HO line would be the Magnum or maybe the Triumph. That said, it the most popular semi-wide ski right now has to be the Radar Senate.

Although I think at your level, you really need a Warp 10.

#3 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 4:12 PM

FireJurk

I looked up the Warp 10 on the Reflex Website. Is that thing really $3995 ?!!?! Or am I  reading it wrong.... or just retarded? I'll forego the Magnum for sure ( have a TNT as a Barefoot drop ski)  and I think the Triumph may be too tame for the brothers.... I will most certainly check out the Senate. Actually the Senate C has my attention.

#4 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 4:56 PM

HO410

No, you are not. The Warp cost a mere $4000.
It's a brilliant ski, for certain skiers. Just like the
Ferrari F40 is a brillant car... for certain drivers.

#5 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 5:11 PM

Thomas Wayne

HO410 wrote:

[...] The Warp cost a mere $4000.
It's a brilliant ski, for certain skiers. Just like the
Ferrari F40 is a brillant car... for certain drivers.

The last Ferrari I drove, I first had to take my shoes off.  Would that be the same with the Warp?  And does it come with driving shoes?

TW

#6 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 5:54 PM

HO410

I am a big fan of barefoot driving, especially on a standard (sadly it looks like I'm getting shoehorned into a automatic very soon: darn my budget and market!!). In states that outlaw barefoot driving (surprisingly quite rare), might I suggest a nice pair of Vibram 5-fingers. The kangaroo leather of the Moc variety is just absurdly comfy.

I don't think the Warp comes with driving shoes, but it does come with a nice little toolkit. I'm fairly certain the toolkit runs $3800: they only bill you $200 for the ski. Making the wing angle gague out of carved rhino horn might have been a bit overkill.

Kidding, they're aluminum. No rhinos were harmed in the construction and marketing of the Warp... that I am aware of.

Board footer