Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jul 28, 2010 5:24 AM

hemlock
Skis At: Ness Lake BC, Canada
Foot Forward: Left

Coaching does help!

Hello,

Just want to say thanks to Trent Finlayson. He gave me some great advice on my technique.
I still have a long way to go, and I'm still trying to get the fundamentals, but here is a pic of me in 2009(right)
and now this year 2010(left).
I've never run a 28 off pass, but maybe this summer.  smile

Cheers,

http://estone.ca/~stone/slalom/difference.jpg

#2 Thu, Jul 29, 2010 1:44 AM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake
Foot Forward: left

Re: Coaching does help!

Wow, body position looks soo much better this year!  I bet the wake crossing goes a lot better now.

That 09 pic reminds me of exactly how I used to ski.  As I've improved and got my shoulders back and hips up, like you,  my wake crossings have gotten soo much smoother and the edge change happens more where it should.  When I'd always ride squat and over my ski, I'd bounce hard off the wakes and couldn't ever get a edge change soon enough to slow down for the turn.

Good job!  Keep working on what Trent told you and 28 will be yours

Aaron

#3 Sat, Jul 31, 2010 4:14 PM

dalnor

Looking for skiers in Virginia Beach , Va . I have a private lake close to town center , ski nautique , course .

#4 Sat, Jul 31, 2010 6:29 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Amazing side by side before and after photos (good job)!!!! Coaching is key as long as we are teachable and from the looks of things your teachable and it is paying off for you. I have been very fortunate this year to have several amazing pro skiers giving me feedback and let me just say my skiing has improved greatly.
-28 will drop if you can maintain what i see in your pulling postion photo. Remember be light on the line and try to be done loading the line when you reach the center line of the wake. I am finding that all my speed should be generated by the time i hit the center line. If i can accomplish that my passes seem to go smooth and efficent.
happy turns,MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Sun, Aug 1, 2010 1:30 PM)

#5 Sun, Aug 1, 2010 3:18 AM

hemlock
Skis At: Ness Lake BC, Canada
Foot Forward: Left

I finally attempted a 28 off pass and made it!
Yahooooooooo!
Last year, I tried 28 off probably a dozen times and never made more than 2 ever.
I haven't tried 32 off yet, I'm still going to play around at 15, 22 and 28, until I get more consistent with the technique.
I can't remember the last time I had so much fun!

Cheers,

Board footer