Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 4:21 AM

cowboyski
Foot Forward: Left

Monza vs. S1

I am thinking about moving from my 06 Monza to a S1 but was wanting to know if anyone else had riden these two skis and had a say on the topic. I ski at about 34 - 36 right now dependent on how the conditions are. I handle the course pretty well at 32 and can get through it most times at 34 but wondered if the new ski was worth the extra cash.

#2 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 2:24 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Monza vs. S1

If you want to stick with HO try the A1 which most people like better than the S1.

Scot Chipman

#3 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 3:04 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

the HO Coefficient X/SL is getting good reviews as well, might be a better ski for your ability level, and a lot less $$$..

#4 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 3:05 PM

ktm300

Take the money you were going to spend on the ski and go get some good coaching.  Will do 100 times for your skiing what a new ski will do.  Monza was, for me, a great ski.  In fact, I did not ski for two years and just started back this year.  I judged a tournament in June.  Aside from the kids, I did not see one skier who had picked up even one buoy from when I was skiing in 2008.  Not one.  They were all riding new skis.

#5 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 3:38 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

I have 2 days on an A-1 and went from an 05 monza.  So I am in the process of figuring the difference.  The only thing I can say is I feel like when I ski aggressive the a-1 feels pretty good.  I imagine it will take a few more sets before I can really judge the difference.

I haven't picked up the rope length magically like I was dreaming about. (running 38)

Todd

#6 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 5:32 PM

cowboyski

Thanks for the replies I figure that ktm300 is right. There are no decent ski deallers out here in Lubbock if you want to even look at a high end ski we have to drive 6 hours to Dallas much less get to demo one. I was curious as to the offside edge that everyone raves about on the A1's and S1's.

#7 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 5:54 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

I do think the offside will be/ is better than the monza by quite a bit.

Board footer