Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jul 22, 2010 12:27 PM

popof
Skis At: Paris, France
Foot Forward: Both ;) (ok, LFF)

Which Ski after a KD 7000?

Hello everyone,

My name is Romain, I'm new to this forum, i'm writing all the way from Paris France, where we only get to ski about 5-6 months a year, but try to make the most out of it

I'm sorry to bother you, but i've been looking for advice everywhere over the internet, and haven't found anything concrete, so I figured this would be the place to come!

I have been slalom skiing for a couple years now, I ski on a river (The Seine river actually, just outside paris), so I almost never get icy-perfect-glass-WOW-conditions, and have to deal with:

Wind
Some moderate wavelength (depending on the day, wind, current etc)
and the Seine's stream obviously (2-3mph)

So i'm not looking for a ultra-precise ski that would not forgive in choppy water.

I've made all my progress so far on a KD7000, 67" which i adore, but it's getting old, and will soon need to be replaced.

I've tried the Nomad RCX, and basically loved it, I know they have the same creator, so it's no mystery, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions to replace my aging KD7000?

I've heard many many things about radar's Annex and Senate C but have never had the opportunity to try them out?

Basically i'm looking for that same progressive feeling you get from the KD (and that I've found in the Nomad).

Oh, my skiing abilities are as follow, I'm consistently hitting 22off 32mph (almost impossible to practice 34mph where I ski, for the reasons mentioned above, wind, waves, stream), and sometimes hitting 28off 32mph. I'm 178cm (5ft83) tall and weigh around 160 pounds.

i've been slalom-skiing for 4 years (actually, 4 summers), and am still progressing every summer. I sincerely fell I can still bump up the speed control and shorten a couple lines with some time and patience, and practice wink

I'm really looking forward to reading your answers, so please post on! smile

Sincerely,

Romain.

Last edited by popof (Thu, Jul 22, 2010 12:29 PM)

#2 Fri, Oct 1, 2010 11:30 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Which Ski after a KD 7000?

Did you ever get another ski?

Sorry noone ever responded to your post way back when... (I just saw it right now...)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#3 Sat, Oct 2, 2010 11:19 AM

popof
Skis At: Paris, France
Foot Forward: Both ;) (ok, LFF)

Hey H20 thanks for your answer!

Well, long story short, I had finally made up my mind and was focused on buying a NOMAD RCX, ordered it at overton's, for sale, 500 USD, great deal, and recieved an email the very next day saying they where actually out of stock. I wasn't willing to pay 1000$ for a ski that's been around for 5+ years, so then I waited a little, and tried the Z7 which I'm pretty sure i'll be buying in the following weeks. Season has come to an end here in Paris, so I'm not in a hurry. But it'll most definitely be a kidder ski, Z7, X7, not sure yet. Most likely Z7.

In the meanwhile, been ripping it at 28off, 34mph for the last sets of the season, feels good to get (a little) better at something you love wink

Cheers

Romain

#4 Sat, Oct 2, 2010 12:58 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Cool! I also have a KD 7000. -for an old ski with rubbers, this thing still kix it! I have not been on it this yr. but last yr. I played with it a bit.

I found the Radar Annex to be a very easy transition to or from the KD. Although, the Annex out performs the KD and is much more predictable through the corners... But the KD's are Cool, No doubt!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Sat, Oct 2, 2010 8:02 PM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC
Foot Forward: Right

Check out Craig Cohoon in England and hotwater.cc in Austria. This time of year you should be able to negotiate some good deals on your choice of ski. Craig will match any genuine quote even from USA, ask for Scott if you call.

http://www.craigcohoononline.co.uk/

http://hotwater.cc/

Also buy yourself a Psycho2 wetsuit and you'd be able to ski until mid November at least.

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

#6 Mon, Oct 4, 2010 2:03 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

h20dawg79 wrote:

Cool! I also have a KD 7000. -for an old ski with rubbers, this thing still kix it! I have not been on it this yr. but last yr. I played with it a bit.

I found the Radar Annex to be a very easy transition to or from the KD. Although, the Annex out performs the KD and is much more predictable through the corners... But the KD's are Cool, No doubt!

i agree, the guy who taught me how to ski had a KD 7000, i skiied on it a few times last summer while i was in transition from my Mach 1 to my next ski. i ended up with an Annex and that thing RIPS was just out earlier today was awesome, it fits my level perfectly, i'm skiin 6  15off @ 32 confedently and am really workin in the 34's. this year my PB was 5 15off.. but was mainly focused on more techique rather than bouys. (plus i'm more of a open water skier.. due to lack of coarse avalabilty) but i kn, based off of comming off a KD 7000 strait onto the Annex i could feel a tremendious difference. the Annex is just a comfortable ski to ride. i do still lv how the Kd carves,  but yeahhh basically i agree with everything said by h20dawg.. smile hope you had a great season bro! who'd ur skiin go?

-plotz

Last edited by Pl0tz (Mon, Oct 4, 2010 2:05 AM)

i swear this site is turning into my home...

Board footer