Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#26 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 5:53 PM

2gofaster

Re: Best boat wake

thompjs wrote:

Shane, keep dissing Malibu and you may never get your handle back.

I noticed a bunch of good skiers jumping the wake at 28off on the new SN 200.  I don't notice any bump, but it seemed like skiers who could start rolling edges right on the wake were getting a kick.  Of the three boats in tournaments now, I have no complaints.

The whole Wedge setup is lot lighter than a full tank of gas.  Adding some weight in the bow seems to help tracking and the wakes to me.

Jim, Your boat skis good!  McCormick"s and the one Chad Scott had earlier in the year(both with Wedges) have rock hard wakes. Chad tells me when you take the wedge off, it's all good. 

I haven't really noticed the 200's bump at 28 although other's have mentioned it.  What I have noticed is that depending on where you stand in the wash to pull out, your ski gets a bit of a kick as you roll outbound.  Charles mentioned it the other day, too.

We used my 2008 196, Mike Erb's 2008 RLXI, and and Chad's 2010 RLXI at Joe Darwin's tournament this weekend. 2 at 41 off 34mph got run 5 times between the 3 by two different skiers so there's no bad choice, IMO.

Shane Hill

#27 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 5:55 PM

2gofaster

ScotChipman wrote:

Is the 1997-2003 MB Sports Boss 190 the same hull as the 1992-1995 MC Prostar 190???? I thought I heard this many years ago but I could be wrong.

Scott, Yes, I believe I heard MB had purchased the molds.

Shane Hill

#28 Mon, Jul 26, 2010 6:09 PM

kpickett

ScotChipman wrote:

Is the 1997-2003 MB Sports Boss 190 the same hull as the 1992-1995 MC Prostar 190???? I thought I heard this many years ago but I could be wrong.

Yes, but it's the 1991-1994 MC Prostar.  MC changed the hull in 1995.

#29 Thu, Aug 12, 2010 3:36 PM

WIskier

I have skied on a nautique 200, 196, and a malibu lxi there all really nice boats but the 200's wake was easily the best. I curently own a 196 which has a very nice wake and I have skied behind a malibu and to me the wake was not as good as a 200 or 196.

Kyle

#30 Thu, Aug 12, 2010 6:29 PM

greg haskett

This is a tough one to not have any bias towards because typically the boat that you ski behind most is your favorite. Usually because it's your boat. But, if you're talking newer boats, I think from all the reviews, articles, feedback from local skiers, current records (I think this is probably the biggest factor), the new Nautique 200 tops the scales for sure. The reason I think the record is a huge factor is because if the boat is good enough to set the record behind, it has to be an awesome boat. I ski behind a 2008 SN 196 and I've been pulled a lot by Malibu's as I was growing up. To me, wake crossings have never been an issue really so I could ski either one without complaining. But I don't like the noise of a malibu. It's like skiing behind a jet boat. The noise is loud enough to distract you but the Nautique never deters your concentration because of a motor that sounds like it's doing 7,000 rpm like in the malibu. But that's just me.

#31 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 2:48 PM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

The best wake i have skied yet is with my 2003 Malibu sportster lx without the wedge with the acme prop. There is no bump at 22 off and at 34mph and 36 mph the wakes are a non issue. Funny things is that i thought i had a basic boat and all the other boat would be better than mine ! Only 2 boats ski as good as mine CC 196 and malibu response lx and lxi 2004. I have been very disapointed with the MC and other CC i have skied behing. One particular MC an X7 was even i think bad for skiing, the wakes were hard with a lot of peaks, i had to shorten the rope to 32 off or shorter free skiing to lessen the wake impact and then i got a lot of boat spray ! The X7 has a tower and speakers. I think for pure slalom the lightest boat the better, that would explain why my 2200lbs sportster ski so well smile NO storage no space or tower but lots of power and $ in my pocket to put gaz in it. To be honest though the boat is so low on the water that you have to be on a small calm lake to enjoy it. Sometime less is better !

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#32 Mon, Aug 16, 2010 4:07 AM

laz

ToddF wrote:

Moomba outback 05-and up.

Yeah!  Another Moomba fan.  Best wake for the money!

Board footer