Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jul 21, 2010 12:53 AM

MyPH

Perfect Pass Stargazer Upgrade

We just installed stargazer upgrade to our 99 SN.  Stuck trying to calibrate will run course at 34.7, but any rpm adjustment is either too hot or too cold.  Anyone have a fix or suggestion?  Thank you. Myles.

#2 Wed, Jul 21, 2010 1:22 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Re: Perfect Pass Stargazer Upgrade

Go to settings and change to inverted.

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#3 Wed, Jul 21, 2010 1:03 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

What does "inverted" do?  I have 99SN w/ SG and just run in PP clasic mode because haven't been able to decent GPS speed control entering course. I don't ski this SG boat very often, and only have course setup there 3-4 times per year, so it has been awhile since I've tried. Would certainly like to know how to make PP/SG feel the most like ZO though - would that be PP w/ switch installed?

#4 Wed, Jul 21, 2010 1:21 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34
Foot Forward: Right

Inverted looks at a different part of the tach signal.  In some cases there is a noisy signal and this helps to read the peaks better.  Helped my boat immensely.  You'll know immediately if it works.  There was a lot of discussion last year about driving technique and settings to deal with short setups.  Check out Waterski Forum and BOS for archives.

#5 Wed, Jul 21, 2010 3:18 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

StarGazer takes time to get set up right but it worth it. On most all boats you must spend a fair amount of time setting up the gate, one ball and three ball settings which some people don't even know about. These settings must be set for 34 and 36 mph for each weight category you plan to use so it takes time. Also these settings must be set while towing a skier in each weight category that is running clean passes.

StarGazer is not plug and play as advertised but is a great system once set up correctly.

Last edited by ScotChipman (Wed, Jul 21, 2010 3:21 PM)

Scot Chipman

#6 Wed, Aug 4, 2010 3:26 PM

david38off
Slasher
Skis At: 34 mph
Foot Forward: left

There is a CR/CS setting that is sometimes needed to be adj , esp for short setups and older boats.  I have an 05 MC that recently upgraded to PP SG on it, and at first was way too hot first segment, and then slowing down to get correct time.  But after decreasing the CR/CS value to 1650 (from 1900 something I think was the default number), it now is perfect for 34 mph on our course and it is extremely short set up.  You may want to call PP and ask them to walk you thru the process to get to the CR/CS setting.

#7 Wed, Aug 4, 2010 8:11 PM

barefutn

Info for changing settings to inverted.
http://www.perfectpass.com/technotes_5.html

#8 Fri, Aug 6, 2010 3:30 PM

blend_blindside

Thanks BARFUTN!  Great input.  I will try this over the weekend.  May even do some barefooting.

Board footer