Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jul 21, 2010 12:20 AM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

Setting up my new ski?

I just got my new ski.  I am taking my old phantom binding off of my monza and putting it on the new 67.5 A-1.  I had some spacers between the binding and the ski.  Should I keep those on or should the binding be flush with the ski??

Also I believe the binding placement is 29.75, but if I put it there it will be a couple of holes forward of the "neutral" position, where would be a good starting place?

Thanks

Todd

#2 Wed, Jul 21, 2010 1:04 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Setting up my new ski?

I think the spacers for the slotted holes are to allow the ski to flex under the bindings. I think you are right about 29.75

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#3 Wed, Jul 21, 2010 1:51 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Setting up my new ski?

Start with one hole forward of center and use the spacers on the front and rear slots on the front boot, otherwise you might pull an insert out.  You should be measuring to the rubber on the back of the heal, not the plastic piece that screws into it.  Right now I am one hole forward on the front and neutral on the rear on the same size.  Seems to work for me.  I am still getting use to the ski, as it is not as forgiving as my RS-1, which forces me to work on better body position.  Have fun with it.

Last edited by jamisonsbrodie (Wed, Jul 21, 2010 1:52 PM)

Board footer