Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 8:32 PM

dwallar
Foot Forward: Left

Binding Slime

Hey Guys,

I have been using normal binding slime but tired of the cost.

Wondering what everyone uses out there?  I know some who use a spray bottle with soap and water but is that environmentally a good idea?  Assuming some kind of organic soap, what proportions for the ideal solution?

#2 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 8:48 PM

SC_swerve
Skis At: Lake Murray
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Binding Slime

50/50 mixture of dish washing liguid and water.

#3 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 9:01 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

There are any number of biodegradable soaps on the market. I'm sure there are more than a few at Walmart, at least there are some non-toxic choices. The biodegradable soap that I remember is Dr. Bonners. You should be able to track them down on google without much trouble.

We just use Ajax dish soap at the lake I ski. It's terrible for washing dishes because it disperses so quickly. That is likely why it is the soap of choice. I think a few other skiers use liquid Ivory but I'm not sure.

Last edited by HO410 (Wed, Jul 14, 2010 9:02 PM)

#4 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 9:04 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

I heard that you can get a gallon of bubble blowing liquid for the kids at the dollar store for $.99 and it works great for boots. Might need to cut it with water. Not sure if this would harm the boots... but the bonus is, BUBBLES!

#5 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 10:29 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake

When I had rubber bindings, I used a small amount of the generic of Pert Plus in a small hand held spray bottle with the straw removed for spraying up side down. It is shampoo with conditioner. I always heard that people that used dish detergent had problems with the rubber eventually tearing because of the nature of the detergent removing the oils that keep the rubber pliable.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#6 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 10:30 PM

Thomas Wayne

We prefer diluted Suave Green Apple shampoo.  Disperses quickly and boy, do my bindings smell great!

TW

#7 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 12:07 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake

I know what you mean TW about smelling good. It is so easy for stuff to sour when they don't have time to completely dry between sets. I keep a ceiling fan on always in my boat house but that doesn't seem to be enough sometimes. I'll share this tip I have started doing and it seems to keep everything fresh smelling. I got a bottle of Febreze and give everything a shot as I hang it up to dry. It often never dries but does smell fresh. I even shoot my RS-1 boot liners before I hang them up.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

Board footer