Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 6:19 PM

nicolejn

2005 HO CDX

Hello. I am new to this site. Looking to advance in my slalom course - get better and enjoy skiing and look forward to the forum.
I've been skiing for 3 summers now and I am addicted and loving it...I'm on an entry level ski and just picked up a used 2005 HO CDX... Does anyone have this ski? Do you like the ski? Dislike the ski?  Suggestions.
Thanks!

#2 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 7:53 PM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL
Foot Forward: Right

Re: 2005 HO CDX

The CDX is a great ski. I had a 2002 model (last year they "officially" made it). That's the year with silver and red flames- completely awesome art on that ski. I ran a million balls with that ski, albeit at long lines and slower speeds.

http://www.fifteenoff.com/showimage.aspx?ShowWater=1&ImgWidth=450&ImageID=108

Last edited by Jhughes (Wed, Jul 14, 2010 7:54 PM)

#3 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 10:37 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

I have a 2000 CDX1 Adrenaline. Great ski. I used to be pretty consistent running -38 on it and ran a few full passes in practice at -39.5 on it. It smokes at 34 and 36 mph. I broke the M4 SC state record in it is 2005 I think and tied it again at the State Championship, 2 at -39.5. Nice ski, good luck and have fun. BTW mine is a 66. if you need the settings let me know.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#4 Wed, Jul 14, 2010 11:17 PM

nicolejn

Thank you both for the comments. Interesting .....so I wonder how this one is a 2005? I should have the ski sometime next week. Bud man - yes please send me your settings...Thank you :-) for the help

#5 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 3:35 AM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL

They made a few special batches for Wiley's after they "officially" stopped making them in 02.

#6 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 1:15 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

Set it up like this.  Numbers are from Matt Rini back when I had one in 2003.  I did not have my feet separated like this but the front binding was back a little.

Put the bindings: Front 1 hole back and the back binding all the way
back.The rear binding all the way back on a 67" CDX represents 17 & 1/4 inches
from the heel to the tail of the ski.  If you are using Wiliey's it may
be different.  Put the tape between the horseshoe and the heel rubber to
get your measurement.  If your ski is working good then don't mess with
it.
I would put you wing angle about 9 degrees and upside down.

#7 Thu, Jul 15, 2010 5:23 PM

nicolejn

Awesome! thanks for the suggestion on the ski set up. I'll try that out.
Yes I have Wiley's and I have a front boot and a back toe plate. I wonder if this is the time to step up to a back boot ....is it better to have 2 boots versus a toe plate or doesn't really matter you think? I'll have to read on that. Thanks!  :-)

#8 Mon, Jul 19, 2010 10:13 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Nicolejm,
Here are the setting of my 66” 2000 CDX1 Adrenaline. Don’t let anyone else see these for they are top secret. Four years ago I could occasionally run -39.5 and pretty constantly run -38 smoothly.
Animal boots, front 29.25” Back 17.5” angled.
Standard stock Fin 6.927 tips, DFT 0.879, Depth 2.498, Standard stock Wing 11 degrees blade under screws.
Good luck and ski safely.
Bud

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#9 Tue, Jul 20, 2010 1:01 PM

millertime
Skis At: Lake Weir and Blue Lake, Ocala,FL

Nicolejm
I started on that same ski about 4 years ago with animal front and toe plate. I switched to a double boot maybe 6 months after and have not looked back. This was a great ski for me to start off and going to the double boots really built my confidence. I never got a short as Budman on this ski but was a great starter for me. I now have my son riding this ski as he is learning to lay down some turns.

"It is what it is"

Board footer