Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jul 8, 2010 2:34 PM

TheShirt
Skis At: Clemson, SC
Foot Forward: Right

Finally! New Personal Best!

Things really have started to click lately, and last night I put much of it together.  Had a decent 22 off, followed by probably the best 28 and 32 off passes I have ever run.  For the first time ever, completely smoked 35 off, and got 1 @ 38 off!

I love my Strada!

And, of course, my coaching from Seth at H2Ozmosis!

#2 Thu, Jul 8, 2010 3:03 PM

GSM-Peter
Skis At:
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Finally! New Personal Best!

Congratulations (from a beginer)!
smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

It is always nice to share progress!
In Sweden we use to say some thing translated to:
Shared happiness is worth doubble happiness.

I am also happy with my Radar (Theory) but do not have experience enough to compare.

Keep on the good work!

Brgds

Peter

Life is too short not to enjoy every day. Living well is the best revenge!

#3 Thu, Jul 8, 2010 3:24 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

How much better do you think you are skiing because of your new ski.  What were you on before you went to the radar.

#4 Thu, Jul 8, 2010 3:31 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Congratulations! I am very happy for you.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#5 Thu, Jul 8, 2010 5:55 PM

TheShirt

Todd -

The ski definately helps.  Partly because I am on the right size ski now.

The biggest difference is that I have completely changed my style of skiing.  Before I took about 10 years off, I was an "old school" skier.  When I started back a couple of years ago, I found that new ski technology really helped.  I kept hearing about the "West Coast" style, but thought it wasn't for me.  This off season, I studied it - read about it, got videos, really geeked out, and it started making sense.  This spring, I bought an almost new Goode from a friend, and absolutely loved it.  On my 22nd set on it, I snapped it in half.  I tried and HO S1, a D3, and the Strada.  It was almost a toss-up between the D3, and the Strada, and I opted for the latter.  Unfortunately, I hurt my ankle while trying them, and missed about 2-1/2 months.  My ankle still hurts, but I am riding regularly, and I'd say that I am applying about 70% of the West Coast technique.  As I get stronger and ski more, I hope to apply even more of it, and get through 38.  It's hard to un-learn 30+ years of doing it wrong.

As for before the Radar, I would get 1-3 @ 35 on a typical day, but I worked a lot harder to do it.  My 28, 32, and even my 35 were incredibly "slow" last night.

#6 Thu, Jul 22, 2010 2:22 AM

TheShirt

Well, it took a couple of weeks, but I managed to run 35 off again today. I think doing it the first time made me push a bit too hard, and I've been struggling. Tonight I just relaxed and got up on the ski. Hopefully it won't take 2 weeks to do it again!

Board footer