Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Jul 5, 2010 1:25 AM

tafkas1

radar strada binding plates

i recently got a radar strada with the strada bindings each mounted on individual plates. i know there is the sequence plate option but i declined for the time being. my wonder is if declining the sequence plate was a mistake. i really like the feel of the bindings. but when it comes to canting the individual plates seem pretty restricive. at least to my understanding. i was wondering if the sequence plate offers more ability to cant the bindings for more comfort. if anyone has experience with the sequence plate or advice on the single plates i woud greatly appreciate it. thanx.

#2 Mon, Jul 5, 2010 5:28 AM

crdickey

Re: radar strada binding plates

Single plate is more adjustable for the back and front boots. Easier to make fore and aft adjustments to the whole plate and 1/2 hole (1/8") adjustments.  I have a new set of size 8 Strada's on a single plate for sale if you're interested.

#3 Mon, Jul 5, 2010 12:33 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

The front boot on both set ups can pivot equally.  The rear boot on the single plate has more degrees of pivot than on the double plate option. 

Chris

#4 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 1:06 AM

tafkas1

thanx for the reply. and the videos on the radar site with you are very good. but...
the way i'm looking at it the front plate right now wont pivot at all. once its set in the holes straight forward it cant pivot(rotate,cant) at all. i must not understand how to pivot it because thats what i see. and the back does pivot a little which is ok but its only from the centerline of the plate hole to the edge of the plate hole. wondering if im not seeing it properly or if there is something else to do to pivot a bit more. thanx

#5 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 1:19 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I don't know a thing about the Dbl. plate system. But, isn't the "Pivot" (Rotation) action the result of rotating or turning the Binding (or Boot) on the Plate just like the single plate system??? While the plates remain in the same place?

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#6 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 1:20 AM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

you pivot the boots on the plate...not the plate on the ski.

#7 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 4:33 PM

tafkas1

thanx guys now we are getting somewhere. question is how to pivot the boot on the plate. my bindings did not come with an instruction manual and it doesnt describe it anywhere in the radar site. id appreciate a tutorial. thanx

#8 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 4:52 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

the boots fasten to the plate(s) from the underside of the plate(s) w/ 5 phillips screws.  Obviously the plate must be removed from the ski to cant the boots.  Loosen the screws and the boot will swivel from side to side, with the "center" screw acting as a fixed pivot point.
It all should be pretty self explanatory once you look at the underside of the plate.

#9 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 5:09 PM

tafkas1

thanx so much i'm gonna give it a try. i dont know y there were no instructions though. btw do u have the ski? what do u think of it compared to others uv'e ridden if u do. thanx again for info

#10 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 9:25 PM

tafkas1

so i c the boot swivels on the plate but then there are no more screw holes to refix the boot to the plate. the holes only line up when the boot is straight. again i'm confused. any more advice please

#11 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 9:28 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

Please post pics of the bottom of your front boot and the front plate so we can see what you are working with.

#12 Tue, Jul 6, 2010 9:37 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

The rear plate is different. The plate itself is made with slots so that the boot stays straight while the plate is pivoted on the ski. To repeat what Chris said, "The rear boot on the single plate has more degrees of pivot than on the double plate option."

#13 Wed, Jul 7, 2010 1:20 AM

tafkas1

so i took off the front boot and was able to pivot it easily and perfectly. the system is wonderful with the arc allowed to pivot. the problem as ho410 pointed out is that the rear boot does not have the same system. the plate itself pivots, and that pivot is very small. what i dont understand now is why there wouldnt be the same system on both the front and rear plates/boots. i just looked at someone elses strada setup at my club with the single plate and it appears that on the front and rear boots pivot with the same system. why would radar change the system, even if they wanted to go to a two plate setup, why not stay with a pivot system that worked well. hey chris, if you read this, can you please make a rear plate with the same pivot system and send me one. thanx

#14 Wed, Jul 7, 2010 12:29 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I only have the Sequence plate set up and I'm wondering what the reason or advantage is to having the  individual 2 plate set up??? Especially if does not offer equal or more inhanced adjustments...

Thoughts???

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#15 Wed, Jul 7, 2010 2:17 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

#16 Wed, Jul 7, 2010 4:39 PM

tafkas1

i had read the previoes thread about the seperate plates now vs the single plate and i would acknowledge that it might be due to shipping. but it still doesnt answer the question why the rear boot doesnt have the same pivot system as it did with the single plate and that is still working nicely on the front plate in the two plate system. it doesnt make sense that they changed it for ONLY the rear plate/boot now. i would like to know why, especially bc it gives less adjustments. and if they will change it back i'd luv to know.

Board footer