Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Jun 28, 2010 2:18 AM

FireJurk

Looking for Fin and Boot settings for a 2009 67" HO Triumph

Got the wife a new ski. She has no idea, as its kind of a surprise type of thing. Thing is, I can't find any factory boot location info or anything at all on fin settings.... which for a while will be less important. Just really need to know where the boots are recommended to be placed. Thanks!

#2 Mon, Jun 28, 2010 7:49 PM

barefutn

Re: Looking for Fin and Boot settings for a 2009 67" HO Triumph

I've had good luck getting factory settings directly from HO via email.

email: [email protected]

or give them a call: 800.938.4040

#3 Mon, Jun 28, 2010 8:39 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake
Foot Forward: Left

For a triumph, just use center hole or one forward, depending on her ability.  It also depends on the size of ski.  If she is at the lower-mid part of the range for the given size go forward.  If she is upper part of the range, go center.  The ski will turn easier the more forward the boots are.  For fin, I wouldn't worry about it, but as a general starting point/generic #'s, use 2.5 depth, 6.8 length and .8 dft.  Also, take the wing off, unless she is skiing at 34 mph and 28off or shorter.  I hope she likes it, cuz it will help your skiing too (indirectly smile)

Last edited by jamisonsbrodie (Mon, Jun 28, 2010 8:41 PM)

#4 Mon, Jun 28, 2010 9:49 PM

FireJurk

Perfect. I agree with all of that. She is in the mid to upper end of the weight range of the ski. So I mounted the front boot center. Rear toe plate roughly half an inch away. (same as it was before on the old burner) She loves it and probably won't have to adjust till next summer. Now all I have to do is get the damn motor back in the old Nautique! Thanks guys!

Board footer