Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Jun 24, 2010 1:56 AM

db440

Any ski recommendation??

Been looking to upgrade to a newer slalom ski..right now i ski on a O'Brien Competitor, my dad used to ski on it in the eighties! Looking to upgrade to something with both complete boots instead of one with a rear toe peice. I'm 5' 8" and around 140lbs. so im thinking i need around a 65" ski? Starting to really get into slalom skiing and what to get better. Wanted to know what you guys recommend me get...
-Thanks DB

#2 Thu, Jun 24, 2010 2:28 AM

trichter12
Skis At:
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Any ski recommendation??

Price range?
Free ski or coarse focus?
speed?
eventual goals?
If you could provide the answers to these it would make it much easier to help pick the right ski for you.

Travis

#3 Thu, Jun 24, 2010 2:31 AM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake

The Radar Senate is a very good ski that can take anyone from intermediate through deep shortline.  The Sixam 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 are very stable skis as well, and you can pick them up cheap on Ski-it-again. They are all stable and forgiving, but won't hold you back.

Last edited by jamisonsbrodie (Thu, Jun 24, 2010 2:34 AM)

#4 Thu, Jun 24, 2010 4:37 PM

db440

thanks..
Looking to spend around $500, ski at 32/33mph, right now i free ski mainly but have and tend to ski more through the coarse.

#5 Thu, Jun 24, 2010 5:02 PM

longhornskier
Skis At: Frameswitch
Foot Forward: Right

I agree with the Radar Senate recommendation. Its the best intermediate to advanced ski i've seen so far, super stable and forgiving, yet can tear through some tough passes

#6 Fri, Jun 25, 2010 2:36 AM

trichter12
Skis At:

I also agree with the Senate, nothing but good reviews around here.  ski-it-again has a couple Senates for $225, $350 blank, and $475 with double rails.

Travis

Board footer