Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 1:51 PM

edwin191

What size Strada to order?

I'm thinking of ordering up a new Strada, was hoping to get some input from those that are "in the know".    I'm 5'11", 195lbs, 34mph, normally getting into 3 or 4 @32 off.  Most recent skis have been a 2008 68" Monza, a 2009 67.5 A1, and currently on a 2010 67" S1. 

Any idea if I can make it work on the 67" Strada or should I opt for the 68" ski? 

Thanks in advance!
edwin

#2 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 2:13 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

Re: What size Strada to order?

I'd say you're borderline.   IMO go shorter vs bigger, but tryin both would be cool.

ever consider the new Z7st?

#3 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 2:40 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake

didn't like the A1 or S1?

#4 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 2:57 PM

skibuddy
Skis At:
Foot Forward: RFF

Edwin, we are about the same size. My speed is 32 and rope mainly -22/-28. I was on a 69 Senate C and went to the 67 Strada seamlessly. Had reservations just as you do, but didn't have a single issue..Highly recommend the 67...Joe

#5 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 3:29 PM

edwin191

hey Killer - I'd consider the D3 as well, might be worth getting a demo of that ski as well.

Jamison - I picked up 5 bouys on the S1 over the A1.  The S1 also seems to turn better for me.  Reason for the change is that last weekend, as I was rounding #3 ball I ran over a neutrally bouyant 2x4 with some big ole rusty nails sticking out of it .  One of the nails went thru the bottom of the ski and into the core.  HO gave me the green light to patch it and keep skiing but I'm a bit hesitant to ski on it long term smile

Thanks for the input!

#6 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 3:34 PM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

edwin191 wrote:

as I was rounding #3 ball I ran over a neutrally bouyant 2x4 with some big ole rusty nails sticking out of it .

wow, that is scary!

Travis Ogden

#7 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 3:44 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake

edwin191 wrote:

Reason for the change is that last weekend, as I was rounding #3 ball I ran over a neutrally bouyant 2x4 with some big ole rusty nails sticking out of it .  One of the nails went thru the bottom of the ski and into the core. 

Thanks for the input!

Wow!  Thank goodness you didn't get hurt.  I skied the S1, A1 and Strada, and am able to get more angle, and therefore earlier to the ball with the A1.  I think the Strada is a more forgiving and predictable ski than the others and I believe i could take it to a new PB.  If money were not an issue, I would like to have a Strada.   I agree that a 67" is the one for you.  All the new skis carry more width fore and aft of the boots, so most people should actually be able to go down a size, especially when on the bubble.  If the ski seems short, just move your boots back one hole and the fin back slightly.

#8 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 4:04 PM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Radar is working on a new 2011 ski, the Strata but 0.2 wider and will be most likely the next Senate C. Great ski, I've been on it for a few weeks now and makes 34 effortless. Even at 36mph it is so much more forgiving than my RS-1. I'm 5'10" 185 pounds (now, but 195 pounds after winter) so I gave the 67" a try. Before I was on a 66" MPD & RS-1 which was great in calm conditions, but tourneys the last couple of years and rough water I'd have a tough time holding my edge behind the boat.

Certainly worth a try if you're interested. Right now only Eddie Roberts has them until they are officially released.

I've not tried the Strada but man the the Strada55 as Horton has coined this new ski, really rocks.

Check out the video, I'm on it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztqt_5afpko

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#9 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 5:44 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

I am 5.9" 175lbs 34 mph -28 -32 and skiing a 66 strada. It is a rockin ski. I was on a 67 D3 RC.
MC

#10 Tue, Jun 15, 2010 3:58 PM

edwin191

thanks for the info folks!  Heard from HO that they don't see any issue with me using epoxy to fix the bottom of my ski.  I don't expect it to be the ski that I ride for years but will certainly get me thru the next month or so until I can get to a place and demo some new sticks.  Thanks again...looking fwd to Christmas in July smile

#11 Tue, Jun 29, 2010 3:46 PM

tjm53

BouyChaser,   What fin settings/ boot placement are you using.

Board footer