Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Jun 12, 2010 5:56 PM

MattDuBon
Skis At: Trophy Lakes
Foot Forward: Left

Razor Skis

The new Razor skis just came in yesterday.  We're the first ones in the country to have them and we've already logged 6 sets on the new 66 B flex (the stiffer of the 2).  It took a couple sets to figure out the best fin setup, and you won't believe where we ended-up.  If you have the opportunity, come and demo one at TL.  We have a demo 66 A flex (soft) and B flex (stiff) available now as well as a handful of new ones for purchase.
The 66s are the only ones available as of now, the 68s are coming soon.  They'll also be producing a 64 in the A flex only.
Check out CarolinaWatersports.com for more info.

#2 Tue, Jun 15, 2010 3:06 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Razor Skis

Matt can you let me know what the model names are going to be? Is it just 66A and 66B? I want to put the skis in the DB as Razor (model name) and then sizes and then flexes are up to skiers to include when they add the ski to their log. If you can let me know what the model name is supposed to be then I will get it right into the DB. Sorry for being a week behind on this, I've been traveling and away from the computer.

#3 Wed, Jun 16, 2010 2:25 PM

MattDuBon

No prob. Bob,
They're just called Razor

A flex is stiffer
B Flex is softer

sizes: 
64 B flex only
66 A & B Flexes
68 A & B Flexes

Female
75 – 130 lbs.   B64
130 – 155 lbs.  B66
155 – 170 lbs.  A66

Male  36 mph
75 – 135 lbs.  B64
135 – 160 lbs.  B66
160 – 180 lbs.  A66
180 – 200 lbs.  B68
200 – 250 lbs.  A68

Male 34 mph
75 – 125 lbs.  B64
125 – 155 lbs.  B66
155 – 170 lbs.  A66
170 – 185 lbs.  B68
185 – 240 lbs. A68

If you are taller than 5′ 6″  go to a 66″
Ff you are taller than 6′ go to a 68

For more info checkout:
http://carolinawatersports.com/trophyla … the-razor/

#4 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 12:56 AM

TheShirt
Skis At: Clemson, SC

Have you skied on the Razor any more, Matt?  Do you like it, or are you still on your Strada (I love mine, btw)?

Have you gotten any 68s?  My weight fluctuates between the A66 and the B68...

I'm back at it, even with a little discomfort.  Finally have run a few (3) 35s!  Might like to try one of these, even if it's next spring.

#5 Fri, Aug 13, 2010 12:27 PM

MattDuBon

I originally got on the ski just to try and it and to be able to talk about it when people inquired about it (not to mention the fact that I got all gooogly eyed when they showed up and felt like a kid on Christmas morning).  I've had the same feeling on the Razor as I did when I got on the Strada for the first time (after skiing on an A1 for almost 2 years).  It's faster, lighter, more responsive and somehow(?) very stable.  I haven't found an excuse to stop riding it.  It's honestly the best ski I've ever ridden.
We got the 68s (both flexes) in a few weeks ago and still have a few left, including one for demo.
Give me a call sometime, I'd love to talk more about the Razor with you, and if you have the opportunity, come out to Trophy and try one yourself.
(843) 559-2520
[email protected]

#6 Sun, Aug 15, 2010 5:17 PM

TheShirt
Skis At: Clemson, SC

That sounds like a ski I need to try......

The rest of this month is already shot, but I may try and get down there in September and take a set on one.

I'll give you a call sometime soon - would like to catch up with you, andyway.  I hope that you are doing well.  (just in case you didn't know, this is John Cox, aka TheShirt)

Board footer