Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 3:25 PM

millertime
Skis At: Lake Weir and Blue Lake, Ocala,FL
Foot Forward: Right

Road Trip!

Some buddies and I are going to the fall Bristol race for Nascar. We are coming from central FL and going up 95N to 26W in SC on up to Bristol. After talking to Budman and seeing if we could stop by and get a set in with him he threw out a good idea to see how many spots we could hit on the way up and back. So with that in mind if anyone near that path has a lake and a shore line we can camp on if needed wouldn't mind a few hacks with gas can of course stopping by for a couple passes please get with me. It will be the week of the 20th in Aug.

"It is what it is"

#2 Sat, Jun 12, 2010 3:32 AM

skibuddy
Skis At:
Foot Forward: RFF

Re: Road Trip!

Millertime, if you consider doing the same for Talledega, let me know. We are about 30 miles from the track, be glad to give ya'll some pulls....

#3 Sat, Jun 12, 2010 5:59 AM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

millertime - I may be down for the race - should get in touch few weeks before event & maybe meet up at track?  If someone offers up some skiing for Thr resonably close to the track, maybe I could join you.

#4 Sat, Jun 12, 2010 2:46 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake

O.K. millertime, I want to see you post a map and mark your route. Put a flag at my site.

Come on fellow skiers, let’s all pitch in and fill their path to Bristol. I want to see flags their whole path.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#5 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 7:42 PM

millertime

Ok, this is how I had to get it on here. I am not all the savy on the comp so I had to work on it. If anyon else would like to open their dock to a couple buoy cutters please let me know and I can add you to the map. We are hopeing to make this our version of the "Endless Summer" all shoved into one week. Thanks to all and hope to talk to ya soon and we'll be seeing ya at the race.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=34 … d%20States

"It is what it is"

#6 Mon, Jun 14, 2010 8:19 PM

SC_swerve
Skis At: Lake Murray

I'm not far from Bud, but would be glad to give you a pull.
There's also a campground around the corner:
http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park- … /1371.aspx

Course location: 1000 Wheeland Rd, Prosperity, SC

Last edited by SC_swerve (Mon, Jun 14, 2010 8:21 PM)

#7 Tue, Jun 15, 2010 11:45 AM

millertime

SC swerve has added to the trip. Thank you I will be getting in touch. Here is an up date so far.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=32 … erity%2Csc

"It is what it is"

#8 Tue, Aug 3, 2010 5:21 PM

millertime

Alright week and a half from our trip. Was checking to see if we still had offers to ski and kind of lay out the trip. We are planning on heading out the 14th and start heading north. There are a couple systems out there right now so hope to catch some sweel along the way. We are wanting to stop by OZ and ski a day Budman has said we could ski with him and SC_swerve had metioned we could come ski with them as well. We are planning on doing some fishing in Hilton Head with a buddy of our's as well.  The only place we have to be is Bristol,TN Aug 20th by noon. Tough week LOL! Let's fill up the dates and have some fun.

"It is what it is"

#9 Tue, Aug 3, 2010 8:57 PM

BudMan

Try to contact Buoy Creek. You might get a pull there before you ski at my lake. He is on 95. I've heard good things about Johnny and his lake.

#10 Thu, Aug 12, 2010 11:33 PM

TheShirt
Skis At: Clemson, SC

Looking at your route, you could definately swing by H2Ozmosis and Trophy for a set.

#11 Mon, Aug 23, 2010 8:39 PM

millertime

After all the dust has settled Kyle Bush won both nights but man we sure got in some good water time this past week. For not ever really leaving our home lakes we really didn't know what to expect at other lakes. After I put some thought into it for a bit I expected to ski of course and that kind of calmed down the nerves. So we end up at OZ Wednesday morning after an epic Hilton Head swell (knee high long board waves) JOKE,JOKE.
  Seth, the crew was great and friendley. Amy worked with us to get us all set up and Johnny was there to make it all happen. Johnny was really cool and did't overload the brain. This was the first time I had skiied Zero Off but I felt pretty good with the pull. Inbetween sets we grabed our rods and had us a little tourny at the lake and we tore up the bass. I think I caught 6 and Chris caught 4. After it all we hung for a bit then headed up to Sandy Run for the evening.
  We showed up at Bud Davis's place around 6 o'clock and started to get a few sets in before the evening and the bottom dropped out of the sky. Bud got us all lined out and we set up camp after about 45 mins of down pour. So we woke up the next morning to a jam up site. To traffic meaning the sound of car or anything at that matter. Bud came down to the lake about 8:30 or so and we skiied. All I can say is what a great site. After a little video coaching and some great water time we packed up and head to Columbia to ski with Jim Kneely and a couple of the guys thee on Lake Murray.
  So we set up camp at Dreher Island state park. Once again what a nice place to set up. We met up with Jim aroound 6 pm at the landing and headed out to the course. On the way out two other of the Lake Murrat crew were heading out as well. We all met up there at the course and to be a public lake and that private it was pretty cool. We met Jim and Mark and we all got in 2 sets a peice before the evening was over. And this ended our "ROAD TRIP SKI FEST" for 2010. We were off to the races the next day.
  I would like to thank everyone that allowed us to come and ski their sites with them. Counting our own site we skiied before we left we hit 4 sites in 5  days and racked up around 1800 miles for the week. We had a great trip met some awsome people and I promise I won't forget this week for a long time.

"It is what it is"

#12 Mon, Aug 23, 2010 9:29 PM

BudMan

I’m glad you and Chris made it back safely.

The two of you did what a lot of people dream about doing, but never do it. I applauded you both. I was impressed with how well you and Chris skied and y’all were great guest also.

Come back anytime.

Bud

Board footer